The Return of the Avatar: Mirari

Mirari POV

I am the new Avatar. I am the the peace keeper of our universe. It wasn't sinking in fast enough. Everyone around me now treated me like some sort of idol. I am just me, a 16 year girl with no family.  Master Kyra was the only one treating me normal. Even during the new training of this thing called the Avatar state. Though she said it would probably never work if I didn't know how to do any of the other elements. Which I have not even experienced the next element of the cycle, fire. Today Kyra and I will be going to the council alone. Kyra has to tell the council that the Avatar cycle was never broken just....late.

We were standing outside the council building waiting to be let in, "Let me do all the talking." She whispered to me. There was guards outside the building with us. "Alright Master Kyra." She turned to me, "You have done nothing wrong. No matter what they say, understood." I nodded as the doors opened. We entered as the doors shut behind us. The four nations leaders sat at an oval table upon the platform, including the Republic City President. Bao the Firelord was to the right looking at us. The Earth King, Toshio was sitting to the back next to the Water tribe chief, a woman, Acchoda. The Republic City president sat next to Acchoda, her name was Sora, a nonbender. And the air bending councilman, Oma, Kyra's other grandson. As we entered down the long pathway I could feel my hands sweat.

"Morning councilmen, Acchoda and Sora." They all bowed their heads looking at us. Acchoda smiled, "Welcome Avatar Guide and... Avatar." I felt my face go white. Kyra smiled, "I must apologize about not saying something earlier about this matter. Though I wasn't sure about this matter myself."  Toshio sighed, "Ah yes. But we needed to know. The world needs to know about this miracle." I gulped. Kyra sighed, "At this moment of tyranny I do not think that telling the Blood Vengeance about this. It will only send them more fuel to create a bigger riot." Bao sighed, "I agree." Oma nodded, "So do I. Until this little protest diminishes and the air bending boy is saved. We need to keep this quiet." Toshio looked to Kyra, "Also we are disappointed that you did not tell us immediately about the Air bending boy." Kyra nodded, "In that moment I was emotionally unstable so I figured I would let my grandson tell you all."

Acchoda sighed, "So be it. I agree with waiting to tell the world." Sora nodded, "Think that would be wise. The public might not react well with knowing that the Avatar is back. Don't you remember the Anti-bending revolution that was sparked when Korra was Avatar. I do not think it would be good to spark another." Toshio nodded, "I think we all can agree on that issue." Oma looked to me, "How did you find out you were the Avatar?" Kyra smiled, "She-" Acchoda raised her hand, "He asked the Avatar, Master Kyra." I gulped, "It was at the Fire Lord's palace. I went into the room and saw a mirror. It talked to me." Acchoda scoffed, "A mirror talked to you?" Toshio looked to Acchoda, "Have you never heard of the Mirror of the Spirits. Avatar Aang had somehow connected it to the spirit world, so he could talk to the future Avatars."  Acchoda nodded, "Yes well, alright then." She then turned to Kyra, "I would also like to talk about you leaving your position as the Avatar's Guide." I looked at Kyra, but stayed quiet.  Toshio nodded, "We got the letters about your powers diminishing. Do you know who the next Avatar's Guide is?"

Kyra was quiet, "I believe it will be one of the Unity of the Nations kids that were chosen." Oma sighed, "Speaking of the Unity of the Nations, it will be disbanded after the Blood Vengeance is taken down." My mouth dropped, "What about my friends!?" Kyra shot me a glance. Bao sighed, "They will more or less me be sent back to where they came from." I couldn't believe it, "Some of my friends don't even have homes! They can not be sent back!" Kyra turned to me, "Mirari, be quiet. You are not the Avatar yet." That only made me more angry but I obeyed. Oma nodded, "I'm sorry Avatar but that is what we decided.  If they choose to stay here it would be difficult for the children to stay here in this city."

I could not believe that Kyra was letting this happen. Kyra had her back to me now, "If I am correct the agreement we had signed formerly said that the kids were my priority." Acchoda nodded, "Yes, they are." Kyra took a step forward, "So technically I get to choose when they get disbanded. They are my students. I will teach them and guide them. That is my purpose which is to guide those who are lost and in trouble. I can do both tasks of training the Avatar and the other three. When the Blood Vengeance is taken down, I will find a building for them to live in. Which I have already secured here in the city. Now if you don't mind I have one of my students to save." She bowed and exited the building with me at her heels. 

As we exited we headed down a few streets she went into a store, a woman came up, "May I help you?" Kyra looked directly into the eyes of the woman, " Two birds get hit by one stone." She nodded and we followed her to a back room. It was a room of elderly people. "Good morning." A figure said over the right, "Hello Bolin." The figure came forward. He was the famous earth bender that helped avatar Korra. Another figure came forward, "Master." It was Mako, husband of Avatar Korra. Then the last figure was a woman, Asami Sato. "I'm glad you three have come. If anyone knows about riots you three will. So I need info and fast." Mako spoke first, "I've heard of a riot in the outskirts of the city when I was in the market." Asami nodded, "Yes, its suppose to be the riot of the century."  

Bolin smiled, "Is this she?" Kyra turned to me, "It is." Bolin stuck out his hand to me, "Avatar Mirari.." I took his hand. "Master Bolin, a pleasure it is..." Bolin smiled, "Oh no the pleasure is mine." We parted our hands. "Do you know where my friend is?" Bolin nodded, "Kyra its at the abandon building, you know where." Kyra smiled, "Thank you.. You have saved an important person for the next decade." They bowed as we left with the clerk behind us. "How did you know they would be there?" She smiled, "Because I asked them to be.." I nodded, "So what now?" She turned to me, "Well you heard them we are going too the building." We walked back to the docks and headed back to Air Bending Island.

Jiro hasn't really been talking to me lately. It's very hard to see him upset. He comes up to us with Cho and Iroh. "Well, what did they say?" Kyra smiled, "We are going to go and raid the riot tomorrow. At the abandon building near the river." Everyone nodded as Kyra headed back into the temple. Cho and Iroh also went into the temple. It was only me and Jiro. "I'm sorry." He said as he came closer to me, "For what?" I knew why he was sorry, "I'm sorry, for ignoring you." I smiled, "I'm not mad. I would be upset too." He nodded. He looked into my eyes, his ember eyes glistened. "I'm in love with you Mirari. I will stick with you no matter what takes you away for a duty." I smiled and kissed him hard. He gently grasped my cheek.

He led me to his room. I was nervous. He knew it. He led me to the middle of the room and turned to me, "We don't have to do this." I nodded, "I know." I touched his scar gently. Then leaned up and kissed him. He undressed me as I undressed him. We got into the bed and I knew I was forever going to be in love with Jiro, the fire bender. When it was over I laid there bare and warm. Him next to me, hair crazy. "You ok?" I giggled, "Yeah, you?" He turned on his side and put his arm around my stomach, "I'm fantastic." He kissed my cheek, then my nose, then my lips. We laid there for awhile, until finally I decided to get up and go to my room. I dressed as he watched. "My spirits your beautiful." I blushed as I got my pants on. "Oh shut up." He chuckled. I was fully dressed and leaned over and kissed him. "See you tomorrow." He kissed me long. "Alright, my love."