Introduction: Between Shades of Gray

Prologue

The man stood limply on his side just like he always did. His brown silky hair flew across the untouchable face of his. His pristine white shirt that he wore loose swayed along the wind's direction as his hands still rested in the pocket of the tight leather jeans that wrapped around the slender thighs.

The grey and white shades dyed the clouds above matched his intentions perfectly. Depressive, Hopeless, dark. These things defined exactly who he is. It filled him to an extent that he had to let it out rather violently to other people. Oh how fun it is for everyone to be just broken, not leaving him the only one. Their whaling and cursing faces amused him best. Their pleas and heart ached words tempted him to break every single bone that had existed inside their weak statures. His lips then suddenly formed into a slight smirk as excitement swelled up inside him. His palms clenched into fists, white knuckles slightly showing. The feeling of killing someone overpowered him badly. He craved for the metallic blood that always enveloped the claustrophobic room that dripped from bruised jaws. The texture of skin scraping off resulted for intangible emotions fill his hollow soul.

As his thought dug deeper in the forbidden, a loud bang that rang from the door shattered all of his thoughts like a mere glass. Disinterested eyes turned where the sound came from as it followed his considered acquaintance stomped in. The wind seemed to blow stronger on the roof top where both men stood while staring directly at each others faces. The protective rails surrounding the area produced a soft but high pitched sound as the wind rubbed against the steel rails, barely audible.

The raven haired man that just stomped in his personal space a minute ago approached him with a thin smile on his face. "Yo, King. Frustrated again?"

His handsome features screamed how well he knew "king" and could probably tell what is going on in his mind right this moment.

"Heh. How dare you?" The hazel skinned man raised a brow showing confusion towards him. He hadn't meant what he said. Spade was the only one he could talk openly to like a friend in public. Apparently he is one of those people who are given the permission of talking to him casually. Calling him by his name is a bonus.

"Long time no talk. So. how's life?"

"Beautiful."

"I don't really want to know the meaning behind that."

The so called king just laughed a little and turned his back on to Spade, facing the view of the dark skies moving ever so slowly above. A soft sigh escaped his lips as he knew that this silence meant that. Spade just can't stop nagging him about that that often pushes the fair skinned man into the edge of beating him into a bloody pulp. But damn, he should know better.

"You're not yet tired, aren't you?"

"I'll never be."

"Is it that fun to do those things?"

"Go ask Ace."

Spade's brows frowned. He stepped close to the man and gathered all his courage to reach out his slender framed hand to be just brushed away quickly. A cold sensation then crept in his body into his insides, making him shiver to the spine.

"The skies are like me."

"How so?"

"Dark and agonizing. But you just can't tear your eyes away from such a stunning matter."

"Like you?"

"Yes.."

"Ha....and you know what's more?"

"hm.?"

"It sees everything. Just like me. And when it gets too much of sh**, it just pours all of his hidden contains in anyone of his presence, symbolizing my anger."