Joseph Wheeler Reviews Mythhaven via Reizbar-Ookami

Prologue

---

J: Hey der! I'm Joey Wheeler! I'm going tah review dis fanfic about meh!

---

"Where'd you get it, Joey?"

Joey scowled slightly, peering at the binding of the book in his hands and trying to read the old, scratchy writing. "I dunno. My grandma sent it to me and told me not t' open it."

---

J: OH BOY! My grandma always gives the best gifts!

---

"What's the point having a book if you're not going to read it?" Seto sneered, crossing his arms. Truthfully, he didn't want to be there, but Mokuba had wanted to come, and hell if he was going to let the geek-squad corrupt him.

---

J: WOAH WOAH WOAH! Who the He'll invited Moneybags?

---

"Ya haven't met my grandma." The blond narrowed his eyes at him. "She's crazy, but she's always right."

Yugi tilted his head. "Is she the one that sent you that necklace, too?"

The brunet smirked as his eyes fell on the silver form of a dog holding kushi dango in its mouth-while chasing its tail-kept around the other boy's neck with a thin silver chain. "It suits you, mutt."

Joey growled at him. "It's s'posed to represent an inugami, stupid! Ah, what d'you care anyway?" He looked down at the book and bit his lip.

---

J: |( It fig'res the Fangirls would make me all girly...

---

"If you want to open it, why don't you?" Mokuba asked, plopping down next to him.

"'Cause she told me not to or else I'd suffer unimaginable trials that I may or may not survive." He grimaced. "And I don't wanna see if she's right again."

"If she didn't want anyone to open and read it, why the hell would she send it to you?" Duke asked, raising an eyebrow inquisitively.

---

J: OH GOD. Diceboy is here too?! This day jus' gets worse and worse!

---

"I dunno." He frowned and fingered the edge of the book. "Maybe 'cause I've learned that she knows best."

Tristan rolled his eyes. "Come on, Joey. She's a crazy old lady who probably keeps lots of cats."

Joey scowled at him indignantly. "She only has seven!"

"...Only?"

"Three of 'em are old! They're just bidin' time with her until they die!"

"...Uh huh."

"...Shut up, Tristan."

"Sooo... You can't even tell what the name of the book is?" Ryou asked, trying to keep the peace. "Not even one letter?"

The blond looked back down at the book and frowned. "I can see an 'h' and maybe an 'n.'"

"Hmm... That doesn't really help then, does it..."

"Why not just open it?" Bakura asked, raising an eyebrow. "If something bad happens, the pharaoh and I can just use our shadow magic to banish it or debilitate it."

"...Well..."

Yami raised an eyebrow as well. "You don't have faith in our powers?"

"I don't," Seto muttered. ...Not that anyone heard him.