Choices..Chances..Changes..(A SamVon FanFic written by Arianna) - Ch7

Chapter 7

With a smile on his face, Sam leaned back on his seat, closed his eyes and listened to his iPod.  He and the rest of the Gigger Boys are taking a short break in practicing for an opening number in ASAP.

“Iba talaga ang aura pag-in love no?  Kahit pagod nagagawa pa rin na ngumiti.”

“Talaga? In love? Paano mo naman nasabi?”

“Pare, ano ba ang tawag mo sa taong hindi mapakali pag andyan ang sinisinta mo, hindi maalis ang tingin mo sa kanya lalo na pag kumakanta o sumasayaw siya. Lagi mo siyang pinapatawa para makita lamang ang napakatamis niyang ngiti.”

“Hanep, pare! Ganoon pala iyon?  Tsk…tsk..malala na iyan.”

Sam knew it was Robi and Aaron who are talking and he definitely knew he was the topic of their conversation.  Without opening his eyes, he reached for a towel and threw it at the direction where the two are talking.

“Whoa! May nag-rereact!”  Robi exclaimed.

Sam took off his ear phones and opened his eyes to look at them.  He found the two pretending to look for who threw the towel.

“Sino kaya iyon?  Bakit mag-rereact ang pinag-uusapan naman natin is based on scientific observations.  Hindi ba?” an exaggerated look of confusion was found on Aaron’s face.

“Tigilan niyo na nga ‘yan.  May nalalaman pa kayong scientific observations.”  Sam said to them.

The two just laughed and occupied the seats in front of him.

“Ikaw naman hindi ka na mabiro.  Halatang guilty!”

Aaron’s comment caused them another bout of merriment and Sam felt himself smiling.

“O ayan nag-smile na naman.”  Robi observed and held a hand to his chest and dramatically said, “Naiisip na naman niya ang babae na kanyang sinisinta.  And babae na tawagin natin sa pangalang….Devon!”

At the mention of Devon’s name, Sam’s whole face felt hot.

“Ui!  Nag-blublush! Ui!!”  His two friends chorused.

As much as he wants them to stop their teasing, Sam can’t deny to himself that he also likes it, “Kinikilig din kaya ako.”

“Pero seriously, dude.  It’s nice to see you like this.”  He heard Robi say.

“Like what?”

“In love.  Cheesy na kung cheesy pero napansin namin na ngayong nag-peperform ka mas feel na feel mo.  Sumayaw man o kumanta to the nth level ang degree ng performance.”  Robi told him.

Actually, what Robi said was not new to Sam.  There were several people who remarked the same thing: his manager, directors and even his parents.  Sam knew he has Devon to thank.  She inspires him to do his best and be the best. The songs and dance he performs has more meaning now that she is around.

“If I only know how she feels.” He thought.

That’s the catch.  Up until that time, Sam has no inkling on how she feels about him.  Yes, she always takes up the invitation to join him and other SO cast for dinner and gimmiks.  They are constant text mates that would most of the time lead Sam to call her up just to hear her voice.  They are always seen together period.  For him, it meant she allowed him to be a part of her life as simple as that.

Sam weighed the situation.  Was it really important for him to know and hear the words from Devon or leave things as it is?  He chose the latter.  He does not want to put Devon on the spot and pressure her to tell him how she feels.  The mere fact that she spends time with him is more than enough for now.  They are still young and their careers are just starting.  He would understand if her priority is her work. As long as he is able to show her how he truly feels he is content.

Aaron and Robi waved their hands in front of Sam’s face when they noticed he was staring off into space, “Earth to Sam! Hello! Nakakabingi ba ang pag-ibig?”

Sam frowned, “What?”

“Ang phone mo kanina pa nag-riring.”  Robi pointed at him.

He quickly picked up his phone without looking at the caller id.

“Hello.”

“Sam?” A girl’s voice asked.

Sam’s face lit up, “Devon!”

____________________________________________________________

Devon sighed as she ended the call. She was a bit worried at Sam’s reaction. Disappointment was all over his voice when she informed him that she cannot join him and their friends that night for dinner as planned.  Her RM called her earlier that she and the rest of PBB’s Big Six were requested to grace a corporate event.

When she heard Sam’s voice filled with surprise and happiness she was almost hesitant to tell him the purpose of her call.

“Devon!”

“Busy ka ba?”  She began cautiously.

“Hindi.  We’re on break sa practice.  Tuloy tayo mamaya ha.”  Sam reminded her.

Devon hesitated to continue.  He sound so excited.  How can she tell him?

“About nga pala mamaya.  Kasi hindi na ako makakasama.”

He was sunned. “Ha? Bakit naman?  May problema ba?  Is it your mom?  Nagbago ba isip niya?  Gusto mo kausapin namin ulit?”  Sam fired one question after the other.

“Hindi.  Wala naman problem at payag naman si mama.  Kaya lang may biglaang event na inimbitahan ang BIG 6 na mag-perform.”

At the mention of BIG 6, Sam suddenly became silent.

She got worried. “Sam?”

“Ah ganun ba.  Ok lang, sige.  Trabaho iyan e mahirap tanggihan.  Sabihan ko na lang sila later.”

“Pasensya na ha…Tawagan ko na lang sila mamaya.”

“Ok lang.  Wag kang mag-alala.”Devon could picture him smiling just to assure her.

“Sige. Ayun lang.  Galingan mo sa practice.”

She heard Sam give a small laugh, “Para sa iyo gagalingan ko.”

“O sige na. Salamat.  Bye !”

“Ingat ka.  Bye.” Sam ended softly.

The sound of her phone for a new message caught her attention.

One text message from Sam:

“Galingan mo din ha.  Break a leg!”

“Anong sabi ni Sam?”

“Waah!”  She almost jumped out of her skin at the sound of Emman’s voice behind her.

“Ano ka ba? Ginulat mo naman ako.”

“Hindi mo lang ako narinig.  You’re too engrossed with your phone.  Si Sam ba iyan? Anong sabi?”

“Naiintindihan daw niya na hindi ako makasama kasi importante naman ang trabaho.”  Devon narrated.

Emman snorted.  “Weeh!  If I know selos yun.”

“Kanino naman siya mag-seselos?” Devon asked.

“Kay James.”