01. feeling lost

ONE

bianca

my hands started to shake with fear and it felt like my chest was gradually tightening.

here i sat in the corner of my room, with my knees hugged against my chest, trying to control the tears that were flowing down my rosy cheeks.

i desperately tried to block out the yelling voices of my parents that echoed from across the hall. there was no lighting in my room whatsoever apart from the moonlight that was peaking through the curtains, making my small body feel even more enclosed.

it was hard to hear what their muffled voices were saying, but i knew they were fighting about me. it all started when my father came home drunk earlier tonight and, of course, my mother was furious.

my farther was abusive, drunk or not. he was close to hitting my mother before i told him to stop, which resulted in myself recieving a harsh hit across the face from him. to say it didn't hurt would be an understatement, i have never felt so much pain in my life.

"our child was a mistake, we never should of kept her in our lives," i hear my dad scream at the top of his lungs, obviously wanting me to hear his cruel words.

a choked sob escaped my lips, as i rested my head against my bedroom wall. i hated feeling so unwanted and so unloved. all i wanted was to run away from this dead end, and never come back.

as my sobs continued to rake through my body, they became more violent. suddenly, i felt a cold breeze against my skin and some sort of presence, making my eyebrows knit together in confusion.

my mind raced through a maze of thoughts, i don't remember opening my window. i lifted my head up to find my window open and a tall figure leaning against my wardrobe.

"hello."

all rights reserved ©grxngeband
+2016
lowercase intended