Chapter 1

Aherm,excuse me for one minute.I made this story when I was ten years old,so it might not suit at the beginning.But enjoy! c: Also I have the Rue's Whistle Song on top! It's beautiful! Hear it!
****

    EDIT DECEMBER 2017: OKAY HI! So I have edited A LOT of stuff. I hope to edit AT LEAST 4 CHAPTERS a day!

    I have edited perhaps NAMES, TIMES, DEATHS, EVENTS,ETC. If you have read this before, please stay tuned for those changes. The changes are meant to be more comfortable and fill up any holes that didn't fit correctly in the story, for example Lukas's event. Where did he go? He has a NEW story, so stay tuned.

    These edits also fix some grammar mistakes to make it easier for the readers (you guys) to read this.    Thank you for reading, and have a great day/night ! Don't forget to VOTE AND COMMENT ! If you have any questions, please comment! (I wont respond to private messages, I just can't)
****

    I stand in my school line, waiting to sit down on the chairs and hear the boring announcements. Everyone gets settled down and doesn't know what they're about to hear. Little do we know that the following announcement would change life forever. Little did I know back then that this day would be my last normal day.

    "May I have your attention?"says my principal, too overjoyed. She has a big smile on her face that doesn't match her eyes. "By our new president's orders, we will cancel any school work and announcements."

    Some students cheer while others look as confused as I am.

    "Our new president has installed TVs almost everywhere,as you can see. They're in houses, stores, schools, and other places. He even ordered them to be installed in the streets. The radios have been turned off and if you listen to the radio now, you will be able to hear new president announcements. You all may be quite confused, but trust me you're not the ones who need to worry. Our new president has made all this for, as you may or may not know, the Hunger Games,"she says with an shy smile.

    Of course I know. The Hunger Games has three books of a series and four movies for a series. It's where someone picks a male and female between the ages 12-16 to participate in the Hunger Games. The Hunger Games is in an arena where those kids elected fight to the death in a random arena in Live TV until one tribute remains. But I'm not 12 or older. Im ten. Why would they want elementary school kids to fight to the death?

    "Well, most of you don't have anything to worry about. This is because only two of you will participate in these Games.Incase you don't know, the Hunger Games is where two tributes will participate-" she continues and I tune out for a second, shocked. This can't possibly be real. I tune back in and she's finally finished with the horrible news. Many faces are shocked and pale. Other faces are angry and scared.

    "So," she continues, "everyone must calm down because the chosen ones going are the ones who have won the spelling bee this year...and last year,as the president says."

    I freeze. I won the spelling bee last year in fourth grade. I'm going in the arena.