Chapter 11

Zander's Point Of View (POV)

    The storm stopped a few moments ago, but another nightmare began. Neve got swept away. It's a big deal. I only saw the last of her body as it drowned into the rough waters. Two cannons have fired. One of those could be hers. I don't want to lose her without telling her how much she means to me.

    None of us talk for the rest of the afternoon. But then something hits all of us. Sleep. I fall asleep weirdly.

    "Don't...fall...asleep,"I hear Mary trying to say, but she falls to the ground and goes to sleep anyway. I hear the Anthem start to play, but it sounds like if it's in a dream. It's all too far, far away. I need to not fall asleep to see the faces. I need to know if Neve's alive. But my eyes close as my mind holds a picture of Neve.

    Her dark and pretty eyes there. With her beautiful dark hair. I soon realize that I'm dreaming. We're sitting next to each other. Her head is down, thinking.But her hair isn't in two braids like in the arena, it's just let down. We're sitting in sand. Far beyond is the ocean and the sunset. The water doesn't move much. It doesn't make loud sounds. It's soft and peaceful.

"I don't want to die,"she speaks.

"I won't let that happen,"I reply without thinking. I can't control my dreams' actions.

She lifts up her head and presses her lips to my cheek. Then she fades away as my dream follows.

Where are you, Neve?