Chapter Twenty

(Edited by the lovely: xCutexNialler )

*One Week Later*

Jenna's POV

The weather outside today is bright and sunny, unlike my mood. It pretty much looks like that every day in LA though doesn't it? It's been just me and Dada in this big house for the past two days since dad is at some kind of music festival. Today marks day seven without Blue and I'm about ninety-five percent dead. Sixteen facetime calls, twelve regular phone calls, at least a hundred text messages a day, and I still miss him. I've been in that mood where you just want to stay in the same clothes for three days, no shower, and eat lots of food in bed while watching Grey's Anatomy on Netflix. Not today though. No. Today I have a doctors appointment and I'm not sure what possessed my Dada to wake me up at six a.m. but hey, here we are sitting at the breakfast table, staring at each other. My bloodshot droopy eyes do not match his bright and cheerful ones.

"You haven't touched your eggs." As if to show me that the eggs were good, he picked up a fork full and poked it into his mouth. He smiled around his fork and lazily pulled it away.

"It's the crack of ass in the morning, Dada. Eating isn't on my agenda at the moment." My fingers massaged at my temples with my head hung low.

"Crack of ass." He scoffed a small, breathy chuckle. "You sound like your father when I make him get up in the mornings."

"Yeah, well." I paused to take a bite of the eggs he wishes he could shove down my throat. "Now I see why he whines about it."

"Well. Your appointment is at ten so you've got about three hours to get it in gear. Capisce?"

"Capisce."

My eggs were completely gone, french toast devoured, and my fruit was scarfed down in little to no time. I stood up from the table and pushed my chair back in, gathered my dishes and placed them in the sink for Dada to rinse and put in the dishwasher. Like always. We always offer to help him, well, I always offer to help him. But he insists on doing them alone. He says it's "soothing" or something like that which, whatever, do ya thang Dada. I thanked him for breakfast and sauntered off to my room. Since I was woken up so early I didn't get a chance to check my phone. That's the first thing I do every morning as soon as my eyes open. I check to see if Blue has text me.

Walking into my room I could see my phone resting on my bedside table, still on charge. My smile grew and grew the closer I got to it. When I clicked the lock screen I saw five unread messages from Blue. My thumb fumbled with the passcode a bit before it finally clicked open to the messages and I began to read. I muffled my laughter with my hand as I scanned over each text.

My laughter couldn't be contained by the time I got to the milk debacle

My laughter couldn't be contained by the time I got to the milk debacle. 'Two percent of a different cow' just about made me pee myself. I bit my lip and smiled as I typed up a response.