One-shot

She was sitting on a couch in her veranda, looking exactly nowhere. Her eyes that only sent emptiness in the whole mansion can clearly send shivers down your spine. Her name is Kim Hyeri. A 40-year old widow who had a grievious past.

Hyeri is known for writing the best-selling tragedy books nationwide. What comes in all people's mind is, why of all stories, she always writes a tragic one?

"Because there are no happy endings."

She simply told a young interviewer who came to her house for her research project. Hyeri then looked at the young lady, emotionless.

"Perhaps m-madam, can you share about h-how you were inspired to write such wonderful books ma'am--I mean madam?"

The interviewer's hands were sweating, for Hyeri's gaze were as cold as ice. She is intimidating and it did not hinder the young interviewer to stutter.

"I don't want to talk about it, miss."

Suddenly, a tear came rolling down Hyeri's cheek. Her gaze remained strong yet her heart was breaking.

"I-I'm so sorry madam. I did'nt mean to ask such question that would offend you."

The young interviewer was so antsy at the moment. She was feeling sorry for Hyeri. She placed her hand inside her pocket jeans and took her handkerchief.

"H-handkerchief madam?"

She stood up, gently handing Hyeri her handkerchief but Hyeri refused to take it. Instead, she wiped the tear with her own hand.

"No. Do not be sorry. It was my fault for being this weak."

The young interviewer's gaze softened when she heard Hyeri's statement.

"Madam, whatever it is that you are feeling right now, it's not your fault."

Hyeri looked at her and smiled weakly. The interviewer's words comforted her a little.

"I'm surprised that you are not stuttering anymore."
Hyeri said, which again, intimidated the young interviewer.

"Uhm, w-well..."

"Why is it that you chose me to be interviewed?"

The interviewer's words were cut off when Hyeri suddenly asked, grasping her cup of coffee and taking a sip.

"W-well madam, it is because....well uhm, I just knew it in my heart that you will be sincere in answering my questions and that you will share me some of your thoughts because I think you are mounding all your problems inside your heart madam......"

Hyeri paused in sipping her coffee, listening to the young interviewer. The young lady was right. Hyeri has been mounding all her grief for herself and there is no one she could talk to. She has no friends nor any family. She has all the fortune and beauty but two things are missing in her life...............happiness and love.