The Final Frontier

Prologue

"Space: The final frontier"

Silence floated through the empty abyss of darkness. Stars lay dotted across the landscape like an unfinished painting. Space was an empty canvas, just waiting for an eager painter to come along and change it. The question is, for better or for worse?

The silence was cut by the sound of a starship, majestic and grand in size, coming out of warp. The starship was very large, and soared through the stars like and eagle. Inscribed on its hull was the registry number "NCC-1701". It was the starship enterprise, captained by the great Captain James Tiberius Kirk. Its mission: to explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no man has gone before.

Meanwhile, in another galaxy, much further away, the numbing silence of deep space was once again broken by another starship. This ship, however, was far diffrent to the enterpise. It's long and slim hull, was inscribed with the registry number "Normady SR-2" and was far faster and stealthier than the Enterprise. It's captain: The great Commander Shepard. After defeating the unstoppable might of the reapers, Shepard was presumed dead, and was mourned by Earth. However, by some astounding miracle, Shepard survived, and returned to active duty with the rest of the crew, sworn to protect the universe from whatever comes their way.

Yet these starships have nothing in common. They are a part of diffrent timelines, diffrent universes. Their tales do not intertwind, and do not affect one another. But the universe works in mysterious ways, and soon, by some tremendous twist of fate, their stories will become one. And the empty canvas that is space, will never be the same again.....