Chapter 1

Special thanks to Weissmann96.

The story's plot, the story's OC and the story's Cover photo all belongs to her!! I just wrote the story.

There might be typos or grammatical errors so I apologize in advance *bows head*

Enjoy~

Hoshimiya Sakuya's POV

I woke up to the sound of knocking at my door. "Sakuya, Wake up." Someone called. I looked at my clock and saw it was just 5 am. Not my usual time to wake up.

"Father? Its still 5 am. Its too early!" I answered as I plopped down on my Futon again. The door slid open and a man stood at the door looking at me with a warm smile

"We'll be having visitors today and I thought I should wake you up earlier than usual so you could finish your chores and join us." He said as he sat beside my futon. I threw my covers a bit and looked at him.

He stared back at me and I sighed, throwing the whole covers away. "Okay. I'll go get ready now." I mumbled and started fixing my futon. Father stood up and gave me a light pat on the head before leaving the room.

My name is Hoshimiya Sakuya, A 20 year old Shrine maiden. I lived with my father, Hoshimiya Tatsuya. He's a man of a few words who wore a warm smile all the time. He had short light brown hair and brown eyes.

My mother's name is Hoshimiya Sakura. She passed away because of an uncurable sickness. But it doesnt mean I dont remember her. She was kind and beautiful. She moved and spoke with such elegance that you'd think she spent her whole life doing 'How to be a perfect woman' lessons.

She had the same Golden blond hair and bright violet eyes like me. Some people say we look exactly alike. But I dont think so. If you look at my mother, you'll think of elegance, beauty and grace. If you look at me? I give off the Clumsy, Quiet and Timid girl aura. Which Im not happy about.

Enough Introductions, I have alot of work to do today. After fixing my futon, I took a quick shower and wore my usual shrine maiden attire. I stepped out of my room and walked through the hallway. It was quiet with only the light tapping sounds of my feet. Ofcourse no one's still awake

"Lady Sakuya?" Someone called from behind. So I turned and saw Tanaka-san. He was my guardian ever since I was a kid.

"Good morning Tanaka-san" I greeted and bowed lightly. He also greeted and bowed "Why are you awake so early in the morning?" He asked as he walked forward. Making me follow

"Father said we're have visitors today. That I should do my chores fast and join them later." I explained. He nodded and opened a door. The door to our dining room. My father was sitting at the head of the table sipping his tea.

"Good morning father." I said and walked towards him before giving him a hug. He slightly stiffened as he tried balancing his tea to avoid spilling it.

"Good morning Sakuya. Now eat up and do your chores." He said and, again, patted my head with his usual warm smile. His smile never changed, still the same smile even after my mother's death.

I sat down and started eating my breakfast. Tanaka-san's grilled fish and miso soup tasted good as always. Definitely one of my favorites.

My father finished before me and hurried to do his own job, leaving me eating alone. After eating, another helper entered the room and placed the empty bowls on a tray.

"Ah. I'll wash them" I told the helper. She just stared at me for a while and smiled. "Lady Sakuya, I'll do this one so you'll get one chore off the list." She replied before standing up and leaving the room with the bowls. What a kind woman...