Secret songwriting and solo meetings

Niall's P.O.V.

I looked out the window of my bedroom, guitar in hand, a paper and pencil on the floor next to me. This is something I’ll never tire of. Writing songs gives me such an emotional release, and it’s the best feeling ever. Strumming the chords to the song I’m currently working on, I smiled in satisfaction, liking the sound so far. Scribbling a few notes down in the margins of my now crumpled and stained with coffee cup rims loose leaf paper, I set my guitar down on my bed and got up off the ground and walked over to the sunlight, already feeling warmth rush over me. It was a beautiful day in London today and as much as I want to be outside playing football with the lads, I had a burst of inspiration for a new song. It wasn’t for an album, or a movie, nothing of that sort. I had my own collection of songs for myself. No one knew about them but me, and I liked that about it. It was a secret I had with myself, and I thought that was special. Smiling to myself as I watched the four crazy boys chasing after each other in the backyard, running around with a ball and a hose ready to spray someone with water if they came anywhere near the net. I guess that’s one way to make sure no one gets a goal. I shook my head chuckling quietly a I turned around a checked myself out in the mirror. I ran a hand through my scruffy blond hair, dark roots growing in. It's crazy how much I've changed since the beginning of one direction. Its absolutely mad how much we've all changed. I still remember the whole X factor experience. The happy, the sad, the tears, the hard work. The emotions running through all of our bodies. The energy we felt being on stage for some of the first times. The moment we got put together in a group. Not gonna lie, probably the best moment that’s ever happened to me in my whole life. It's crazy to believe that three years have gone by since then. Three years, and our relationships with each other have only gotten stronger. Straightening out my shirt a bit, I took one last glance out the window noticing the boys had come inside now, and my assumptions were correct as I heard them buzzing about downstairs. I left my room, shutting the door behind me to join the rest of them down stairs.

“Ehhhhh Nialler!” I was greeted by Louis walking into the kitchen with the football in his hands.

“Lewis” I said with a smirk, making Louis cringe and the rest of the boys laugh.

“Got anything planned for tonight?” I asked no one in particular, hoping to get an answer out of at least one of them. I got various head shakes, and a couple “no’s”.

“Actually, I'm going to see management apparently at 6:30” Liam said reading a text off his phone.

“Paul just texted me saying he wants to meet with me about something.”

“Just you?” I asked, and Liam nodded, shrugging his shoulders.

Management rarely ever asks to only meet with one of us separately, and when they do, 99% of the time its about the rest of us.

“Alright then mate, you better get going, its almost 6 and the studios are a good 20 minutes drive” I said.

Liam took note of this and nodded, before waving a hand at us all, signalling his goodbye. Grabbing a hoodie and putting on some white converse, that were not exactly white anymore,  left the house.

“Wonder what the meeting's about” Zayn said, earning some nods of agreement from the rest of us.

“Yeah, hopefully nothing too bad.” Harry said.

I guess we’ll find out when he gets back.