~Chapter 1~

Nikala at the top ^^
( she's so pretty😻)

First thing I heard in the morning was the annoying sound of my alarm. I groaned then turned off my annoying alarm clock and stumbled my way to my washroom.

I sigh at my reflection. Why couldn't I be atleast a lighter? Atleast I'm average, atleast that's what I thought.

Im 5'5 with curly wavy hair that's a little bit below my shoulders. I was born and raised in the 6ix aka Toronto that is located in Ontario, Canada. My mom, brother, and me moved to a small town in the United state named RichmondHill 2 months ago to start a new life because my mom and dad had just recently gotten a divorce because they had finally realized that they were only together because of my brother and me.

My mom had already knew that my dad had a secret lover that he has been hiding from us for a couple of years but she still decide to stay with him because she thought that it would be good for all of us to stay together as a family. Yea right like that could ever happen. When my mom job promoted her from being a assistant to a famous designer to being the head designer they had told her that she would have to move to a new location in a different country and also told her if she accept this offer they would be paying for the plane tickets and the house that we will be living in.

My mom only took the offer because she wanted to start a new life and move on from her past anways enough about that, that's a whole anthore story to tell.

I have never really gotten the chance to explore outside or the whole neighbourhood to be honest because I just never had the time or ethire bothered to explore it mostly because I'm a lazy person and I'm proud one . I'm more of a stay inside type of perso, all I did this whole summer was I stayed home re read The Mortal insturments series or I would be ethire watching Teen Wolf ,The 100 or Shadowhuntes.

My mom sometimes think that Im werid just because I would rather stay home by myself then be out with friends. But I told her would you rather have a daughter that goes out in the morning and comes back the next day or to have a daughter that stays home and reads book all day?

Atleast that got her to stop pressuring me to go out and make friends for the whole 2 months of my summer break. In my opinion I think that I am unique in my own way. I have never had a boyfriend in my entire life because I just never had the time to and also boyfriends are a waste of your time and they are actually distracting. Guys don't seem to like me or give me any attention thats why I do not give a fuck about the whole boyfriends thing.

Enough about me today is my first day in collage and im pretty excited and nervous at the same time because

A. I'm not a senior no more i'm a freshman
B. New school, new people
C. Not alot of people my race lives here and did I forget to mention that I am bad at making friends!?

After debating if I should skip the first day of school or if I should go I finally made up my mind that I would be going so then it would be less ackward and stressful the next day. The first thing I did when I got out of bed was I pluged im my phone into the speaker and started blasting to Thought It Was A Drought by Future.

I walked into my closet looking for a outfit to were and I decide to wear black skinny jeans with a white crop top that shows a little bit of my belly with some all white air max.

After picking out what I was wearing to school I went to the bathroom to do my daily hygiene. I brushed my teeth, took a shower, dried myself put on some coco butter to keep my skin from getting ashy then put on the outfit that I had chosen to wear and decide to keep my natural black wavy curly hair out. After getting ready I grabbed my bag and un hooked my phone from the speaker and headed downstairs.

When I walked inside the kitchen I saw my older brother Bryson texting one of his hoes like usually and grinning like an idiot he his. Me like a annoying little sister I am I obviously had to put hot sauce on his eggs, bacon and grits on his food and watched him eat it while looking at his phone. "FUCK NIKALA, WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO MY FOOD!?" He said with a mad expression on his face.

I tried holding in my giggles but I complety failed due to the facial expression he was giving me.

"Do You think this is funny?" He said with a evil playful tone.

" I'm sorry but the way you reacted to it was hilarious." I said thru giggles

Trey then started walking towards me slowly and he had the I'm going to kill you look. I then started backing away for him every time he moved forward towards me.

"Bryson stop , don't even think about it." I said after when I realized what he was about to do.

" you shouldnt have done that nikki. If you just left my food we wouldn't be in this situation.

"We could of been at school by now." He said in a playful tone and glancing at the Clock .

I then glanced at the Clock and read 9:37 am.

"Fuck were Going To be late Bryson stop I'm serouis I don't want to be late." I said starting to get annoyed.

"I don't care if your late or early to class you shouldn't have messed with my food you know I take my food serousily."

"If you don't leave me alone and let me thru, I will tell mom that you had your HOES inside the house." I said crossing my arms and smriking evily at him.

" So? Go ahead I will just tell her that they were showing me around the neighbourhood and helping me meet new people unlike you ." He said smirking.

"Oh really? I will just show her a picture of you and the blonde girl doing something I don't want to say, and by the way I do have a life so shut the fuck up." I say smiling evily.

He then gave me a evil look and backed off of me and grabed his keys and bag walked out of the house defeated to his car.

"HEY WAIT UP I NEED A RIDE." I say smiling in victory.

I then ran outside and got inside the car and buckle my seat belt and was about to put in my earphones to listen to Queen Bey aka Beyonce when he said

" have you heard of the saying, snitches gets stiches?"

I replied "yes why?"

"Just wondering" he's said smirking.

I rolled my eyes at him and glanced at the Clock and read 10:00am. Well what a great way to start off the year by being late on your first day of school. That saying when they say black people are always late well they ain't lying about that. I chuckle to myself.

"why you laughing?" Bryson said amused.

"Inside joke." I replyed

"your werid." He said with a playful expression.

"I know but you still love. Now hurry up I don't want to miss first period." I said thru laughters.

But little did they know that my laughters and my smile were all fake. Really I was slowly giving up.