Seven

"Could you explain who you are please?" Soonyoung asked Jaemin. Jaemin seemed confused. To her, it seemed odd.

"Me?! I should be asking that to you, why are you in my house?" Jaemin exclaimed. Soonyoung simply shook his head, and lifting his index finger.

"I asked first—"

"And I asked second, why are you in my house?!" Jaemin repeated, cutting off Soonyoung.

Soonyoung rolled his eyes. "Let me finish woman!" He groaned. "I asked first, so I get answers first," Soonyoung explained.

"Yah~, I own this house, pabo, now tell me why you are here," Jaemin said, pointing her finger at Soonyoung.

"I didn't ask why you were here, you did. I asked who you are," Soonyoung rolled his eyes. "And you called me a pabo..."

"Aish! Answer me!" Jaemin shouted, now getting a bit angry. The blond-haired boy was failing to stall from answering her question. He had to lie. Soonyoung had no idea what would happen if he explained to Jaemin that he was dead. She'd think he's crazy, or call the cops on him.

"Not before you tell me you're name," Soonyoung said.

By his shoulder, his friend, Joshua was there, but Jaemin couldn't see him with her own eyes. They are both ghosts, so no matter what form they are in, human or ghost, they are always visible to each other, but not always to humans.

Joshua originally took Soonyoung upstairs out of the basement to show to Soonyoung who Jaemin was, but that's when the two ghosts found Jaemin being attacked by a girl. Soonyoung jumped in the way to save her, but Joshua stayed silent.

"Hosh," Joshua said, called Soonyoung by his nickname. "Distract her, you can't tell her," Joshua instructed.

Jaemin did not have any clue that another boy was standing next to the one in front of her, let alone eleven other boys in the basement.

Soonyoung turned to his side, saying, "I know that!" He had forgotten that Jaemin couldn't see or hear him, so to Jaemin, he looked like a crazy person.

"You know what exactly?" She demanded. Soonyoung paused in his spot, stuttering out an excuse. "I-I kn-know the reason I'm h-here... I was j-just um... thinking to m-myself, yea. That's it. I knew the reason I was here!"

Jaemin crossed her arms. She raised a brow at him. "What is that reason? I asked a long time ago," Jaemin stated.

Soonyoung was starting to get nervous. Panicked, he ran downstairs, but unfortunately for him, Jaemin grabbed his wrist before anything else.

Cold! She thought as she pulled her hand away from his wrist. When she looked back up at him, Soonyoung was running back into the basement.

"Yah!" Jaemin shouted after him, chasing him down to the basement.

An empty room was the only thing she found in the basement. "Where did he go..?" she muttered under her breath. From all the running down the stairs, she started panting, and also started to get a little frightened from the sudden disappearance.

Right in front of her, the spirits of thirteen dead boys were active, and roaming around the room. The two eldest, Seungcheol and Jeonghan were guiding the spirits to stay away, and stay hidden.

"Joshua!" The eldest's voice rang. "What did I say about going near her!?  We decided we weren't going to force her to do anything for us!"

     Jeonghan looked at him with calm eyes.  "Seungcheol, relax, he made a mistake, it happens, just make sure she doesn't see us."

     Seungcheol sighed.  He always had to listen to Jeonghan, for one reason, they were best friends, and Seungcheol hated to upset him.  But sometimes when Seungcheol is upset, he won't care about hurting anyone's feelings.  Luckily, this wasn't one of those moments.

     Jaemin was panting, starting to feel light headed, maybe because of her weak heart, or because she was scared.  She couldn't focus. 

     Emotions can be the cause of her death, but she hoped it wouldn't end up that way.  She wondered if she was just seeing things, but it can't be like that because she felt the boy's skin.  And it was cold.

     She walked back towards the stairs, dizzily.  Her vision had started blurring and seeing black spots in it.   She shook it off and stepped onto the first stair.  Then she stepped off.

     Joshua, who was watching her closely, whispered to himself, "What is happening?"

     Jaemin felt dizzier when she stepped onto the stairs.  She clutched onto her chest, her heart aching, and she felt as if it was failing to pump blood around her body.

     She let out a painful groan, shutting her eyes.  Soon, before she knew it she was panting, trying to get air.

     Joshua took notice immediately, pushing away from his hyungs.  "She can't breathe!  Somethings happening!"