Chapter 2

As the time for the party comes closer and closer, I get more nervous. What should I wear? What will I do? What if I see Harry?

The last question is pointless because I don't like him, I just don't want to see him. He was so arrogant... but his attractive features did the job at making that problem seem minute.

I file through the closet of my dorm room, still beyond clueless as to what I should be wearing, even though Jordan and Emma have settled on mini skirts and tank tops to wear to the party. They both look stunning, and I find it hard to picture myself wearing anything like what they are wearing. I've always been slightly insecure, always wanting to change something or another about myself, even though people seem to insist to me that I am beautiful. I find it very hard to believe.

"Damn it, Gia." Emma huffs as she practically stomps over to me, grabbing my hand that has scanned the same closet more than ten times, dragging me out of the way. "You'd look good in damn anything, why are you taking this much time?!" She almost seems angry as she yanks a navy blue dress from its weak hanger, holding it up to me.

"This one." She orders before handing it off to me and I study myself in the mirror, holding it in front of my curvy body. I actually think it may look decent. The dark color would do well against my barely tan skin and light brown waves. I lightly smile at my reflection and nod to Jordan and Emma that this will do. I step into the giant closet and pull the tight dress over myself, immediately feeling it adjusting to my slightly larger size, considering this is Emma's dress, and she must be a size 000 or something.

I giggle as my roommates whistle at me playfully when I re-enter, slipping on a pair of black sandals in the process. "Sandals... No way." Emma seems less playful now as I furrow my brows at her. "You chose the scandalous dress, I choose the far less scandalous shoes." I wink and she finally gives in her annoyed expression and giggles at me. "Fine, fine. Let's go! I don't want to be late to our first party!" She practically squeals and dashes out of the room, grabbing her car keys from the dresser. Jordan huffs and follows, and I remember how miserably bad she did not want to go to this party. I almost can't blame her as my stomach swells with nerves.

I quickly apply mascara and grab my phone and bag, walking quickly to keep up with Emma's hectic pace.

---

Emma couldn't have sped too the party house faster, irritated with the vague directions I remembered to my brother's fraternity"We'll MapQuest next time.." She laughs at herself and even Jordan finds the joke funny. I can't seem to locate the humor.

The house is the complete opposite as the last time I saw it when I helped James unpack his things into it. The quiet, empty house is now brimmed with college students, appearing like ants flowing in and out of any entrance the house provided. It's only 7:30 and this party was livid. Imagine what it'd be like in a couple of hours? This only made me more anxious. "Let's fine some guys.. maybe even Harry!" Emma says obnoxiously and I find myself getting increasingly annoyed with her. I watch Emma lock arms with Jordan noticeably ditching me, leaving me to climb out of her Toyota and figure out where the main damn entrance is. I finally spot some double doors and settle on going in through there. I sling my cross body over me and book it through the piles of people dancing in the front lawn and peer into the enormous frat house.

To the immediate left is a staircase leading straight up, and I watch a completely hammered couple struggle to climb the stairs, I'd imagine to do the dirt in a mystery bedroom. I shutter at the thought and look to the right, seeing an elaborate room filled with dozens of people dancing and playing beer pong. I look around and realize that I don't know one single face here, and mentally slap myself for even coming. This isn't my kind of scene. I push through the sweaty bodies of dancers and finally spot my brother sipping a drink with one of his friends and I run to him practically, relieved to finally recognize someone.