We Are The Archangels

Betrayed. Forgotten. Five abandoned friends with nowhere to go, on the run from their parents who now wanted to kill them. Portrayed as liars and traitors, and forced to leave their home, what will become of the five innocent, young demigods?

Follow the adventures of Percy, Jason, Thalia, Nico and Hazel, and find out what happened to them when the gods decided that they were too powerful to live.

Prologue

Five beings stood on the hillside, outlined in moonlight. They looked wistfully down at the small camp nestled in the valley below them. They rustled their glittering wings nervously and shifted their black hoods.

‘Was this really necessary, Nero?’ asked the one with white wings.

The one with cystal blue wings answered, ‘I wanted to see it again, Aeras.’

Aeras nodded, ‘It just hurts.’

The angel with silver wings put her arm around his shoulders, ‘Take heart, little brother.’

He sighed, ‘Perhaps. But it brings back a wave of pain, Arrow.’

The one with golden wings stepped up beside Nero.

‘It’s been almost 10 000 years. What is it that has drawn you here?’ she asked softly.

‘Memories,’ Nero murmured. ‘Memories are what has drawn me here, Destiny.’

The black winged angel groaned, ‘Please can we go now. It is too painful to see.’

Nero smiled under the hood he wore, ‘Of course, Midnight,’ he turned to Aeras, ‘I'm sorry, brother. I’m sorry everyone. My foolishness has caused a lot of pain this day.’

Midnight shook his head, ‘It is not your foolishness. We would have done the same. It is simply our human hearts. Though we may not feel it anymore, we are still part human.’

Destiny chuckled, ‘That almost sounded intelligent.’

‘Hey!’ Midnight protested.

The other four angels started laughing until Nero regained his composure.

‘It’s not that funny,’ he said, struggling to keep a straight face. ‘Maybe Midnight just grew a brain when we left.’

That sent another wave of laughter, Midnight even joining in.

‘Come on,’ Destiny said, giving Nero a light punch in the arm, ‘Father will be waiting for us.’

‘You can be such an idiot sometimes, you know that, brother?’ Arrow asked Nero as he opened a portal.

He grinned, ‘I know.’

They stepped in one by one until it was just Nero and Arrow left.

‘You know?’ she sighed, ‘That’s why you’ll always be a Seaweed Brain.’

Arrow shook her head before following the others.

Her words froze Nero for a moment, stunning him into silence. Then a sad smile spread across his face. Nero looked down at the peacefully sleeping camp in the valley below.

‘I do miss you all,’ he whispered softly. Then he ducked into the portal and followed his brothers and sisters home.

DISCLAIMER

The characters in this book are owned by Rick Riordan.