The Senior

"Beep! Beep! Beep!" I wake up to my never ending alarm going off. It's 6am of the day which I have been dreading for 3 months. For today was the first day of my freshman year. A new school. New people. New life.

After laying in bed until 7 I eventually drag myself out of my bed and walk over to the bathroom to brush my teeth, wash my face, do my makeup, and fix up my hair. I brush my teeth for about 3 minutes to the song "Baby I" by "Ariana Grande". I rinse out my mouth and tie my hair back to begin washing my face and put on my makeup. After washing my face I pull out my makeup bag, grab my eyeliner, and start to apply it on my waterline and my tight-line(which is like my upper waterline). Next is mascara. I put that on and curl my lashes.

"Now just some concealer and a dab of lipgloss and that's it for makeup!" I say.

I glance over to my phone to check the time. I had to be out of the house and walking to school at 7:45 am.

"What the heck?!" I scream in a panic as I look at see that it's already 7:30.

I now have 15 minutes to do my hair, get dressed, and pack my bag.

I rush to curl my dark ombréd hair and put on a somewhat loose black and white dress from Brandy Melville. I grab my black high top Converse, shove my books in my bag, apply some deodorant and spray myself with some "Sweet Pea" perfume, and I'm out the door. 7:45 on the dot.

My walk to school takes about 10 minutes, and on that walk all I can think about is what this school year will be like, who will be my classmates, will there be any cute guys, and so many more thoughts run through my head that I start having an anxiety attack.

***

I reach the school. It's a big school. So many people. So many groups.

"Where do I go? Where are my friends?" I think to myself as I glance the quad area of my school where everyone is waiting for the bell to ring to get to their first periods.

"Riiiiiing!!" The bell goes off, and I start to head to my first period, which was geometry.

My classes look good first through fourth period. The day has gone by very smoothly. What was I so worried about?

***

The bell for lunch rings and I jam out of my fourth period class. I walk to my locker to put my books away and grab my lunch, notebook and my book for fifth period. I grab the book, shut my locker, and lock it.

I stand up and all of a sudden I get shoved into the wall of locker. My books drop right onto the ground, as I do, too, but I get right back up even though my head is now throbbing.

"Hey! What the hell was that?" I shout, peering around to see who just shoved me for no reason.

Psh.. What do you know? Their seniors, and they're running away.

"Psh.. pussies. Running away from someone 3 or 4 years younger than them." I whisper to myself.

"Fuck you! Just because I'm a freshman doesn't mean you can shove me around like I'm a nobody!"

They don't even turn around. They just run away laughing.

I look down to see my book, notebook, and even my lunch scattered on the pavement.

Ugh. Lovely.

"Why do all seniors have to be such assholes." I ask myself out loud.

"You know not ALL of us aren't assholes.." begins a fairly tall boy who had just appeared out of nowhere, "some of us, like me, are actually pretty cool."