Chapter 6

"Wake up Jenna, Jenna wake up. WAKE UP!" My dreams are being disturbed by a familiar voice and light enters my eyes as I wake up. I try and turn but an excruciating pain reaches up knee, I wince and just stay where I am.

"Oh man." I say,  half yawning "That wasn't very fun."  

"Yeah, you look really tired. Replies Jackie "We should get you home. We already picked up the medicine and crutches for you too."

"Thanks guys. How long until I don't need the crutches anymore?"

"A while." said coach "You'll have to quit the team until you get better."

"What? But I can't do that!"

"You have to." Interrupted the doctor that just walked in "Doctor's orders. In fact I don't want you running at all for probably, the next six months."

Shock is overwhelming me all at once. "The next six months, I can't do that!"  

"Oh, ok." I reply. Just then a nurse brought in a wheelchair to carry me to the car. I'm hoisted on to the chair as gently as possible and then put in Jackie's car. They put the crutches at my side along with an ice pack and then they handed the pills to Jackie's mom. 

We arrive at my house and I use my crutches to make to the living room, Jackie's mom gives me a pill then a blanket.

"You're mom and brother will be home in a about an hour or so. If you need me, just give me a call ok."

"Ok, thanks."

Now that I'm alone I try and take in all the information that I've received. But as 'm thinking I get very tired, so I just watch T.V. and try not to focus on the pain.

"Dear God please help me."