0.2

We got back four hours later to the coffee shop. I haven't said anything since the moment he made me feel small and not even important. Though, it seems like Kyle hasn't even noticed. It got me to thinking that whole four hours. I lost interest in whatever they were talking about, I didn't feel like paying attention to something I wasn't apart of.

Jess seemed like such a calm and collected girl. If I'm going to be frank, I was quite jealous of her. Of her beauty and how she seemed to flow with everything Kyle brought her way, even all his dirty jokes. She was also confident in herself, something I need to learn. Jess is the kind of person I would like to befriend.

"Okay, what's wrong? How come you weren't saying anything? Putting your input in all-" I really had it with him so I angrily cut him off. I wasn't going to be putting up with someone that made me feel so low.

"Fuck off back to New Jersey," I felt light-headed afterwards. I slammed his car door shut before I stormed back into the cafe. No one was there, only the employee cleaning up. I groaned and got my phone out. Dead, of course. I had nothing else to do beside go on my phone the whole time. I didn't realize my phone was about to die.

"Do you have a phone I could use?" I asked politely in my grown up voice. The worker only shook his head before saying a quiet sorry, I nodded my head and put my hand up to say thanks.

What am I going to do now? I have no phone to call my mom. I can't look for payphones because they've become just about as rare as seeing rain in Cali. I don't want to resort to Kyle because he's most likely already gone and if he is still here there's no way in hell he would drive me home. Any normal being wouldn't atleast.

I stepped back outside the cafe to see his black car still there. He was waiting in passenger rolling down the window shouting, "get in loser, we're going shopping!" I only rolled my eyes before getting in drivers side.

"I decided to let you drive yourself home for the secure feel of having control," he said like he was a therapist with a degree and everything. I hesitantly got in drivers side, taking one last look around to see if there actually was a payphone around. As I sat down in the seat my feet couldn't even reach the gas pedal from how far back the seat was. I pulled the seat closer gaining a little giggle from Kyle because I was so close to the wheel. I adjusted the mirrors, put my seatbelt on and we were on the road again.

No one was saying a word as I approached a red light. Someone standing at the crosswalk could feel and sense the tension between us and cut through it with a butter knife. Kyle was on his phone, which didn't help at all because I could see him switching through apps trying to distract himself. There seemed to be no one in sight as we waited here, not a single car or pedestrian at all making it feel eerie to me, like a clown was going to come walking across at any second as the car conveniently breaks down. My thoughts switched as the light, after feeling like an eternity, turned green.

Now that I think about it, I do feel more secure driving myself. I know where to go and don't have to go through the hassle of giving directions because I'm shit at that.

Kyle had soft music playing, not to loud to be distracted by it, but loud enough for us not to talk. I like it. It took some tension away.

I take all my turns and stop at all the lights and soon enough I'm home. I never wanted to be home so much in my life. Not even that one time I got stuck on the swings and nobody else was at the park and I was there for about an hour until my mom came and got me.

I was unbuckling my seat belt and adjusting the seat back to the way it was because that's courtesy to a car you drive. Opening the door and not saying anything was the last thing I did before leaving.