Chapter Twenty- One

Connor’s POV:

I jolted my head down to Liz’s direction. I never fully prepared myself for this question.

There was complete silence as Liz and I tried finding the words to say.

“Err”, was all that came from Liz.

“Well baby, when a mummy and daddy love each other, they have-“, I was cut out by Liz punching me slightly in the stomach.

“Um, when a mummy and a daddy love each other, they… they have the choice as to whether or not they want a baby. So what they have to do, is go to a special place and ask for a special seed.”

“What place?”

“That’s something you will learn when you are much older bub! But once they get the seed, they plant the seed in the mummy’s belly and wait for it to grow!” Liz tried improvising.

“Really?” She tilted her head to the side.

“Really”, Liz choked.

“It sounds easy”, she giggled.

“Oh it is”, I smirked.

“Daddy, could you meet mummy in our bedroom please?” Liz gave me a glare. I had to stop myself from smiling.

“I have to-“

“Now”, she said in a stern voice.

I left the dining room table and walked up the stairs, smiling to myself. I sat down at the end of our bed and waited for Liz to join me.

Soon enough, I heard footsteps come up the stairs and lead closer to our room.

I turned my head towards the door still with a smirk on my face, to see Liz.

“Wipe that smile off your face”, she said half serious, half joking whilst she closing our bedroom door.

“I know, I know”, I laughed rubbing the back of my neck.

“Mister, what do you think that was down stairs?” She asked standing in front of me. I placed my hands on her hips and pulled her between my legs, her hands behind my neck.

“Just messing around, but you did a good job. I wasn’t prepared for that question.”

“Neither”, she giggled. “I wasn’t expecting that one for a while”, she sighed, “to just think babe, that soon she’ll be grown up and she’ll have boyfriends and-“

“Um, no. No she won’t. Not on my watch”, I said causing Liz to laugh.

“She will”, she leant down and kissed my lips softly. She pulled away and looked into my eyes.

I pulled her back in and kissed her again. She was so beautiful.

“Hey, I have to cook dinner”, she placed her hand on my chest as she pulled away.

“Why don’t we eat out tonight? The three of us?”

She thought for a moment.

“Sounds like a plan!” She smiled, giving me one last peck and going to get ready.

Megan’s POV:

The glass shattered, breaking into all little pieces all over the floor, the noise echoed through the empty house. I felt tears fall down my cheeks, I felt so silly and worthless. I feel like I have let down everyone. I should have told someone about the baby. Anyone. It was my fault the baby didn’t survive. I didn’t put the effort it to look after it. I wasn’t eating normally, or even sleeping. I killed my baby, the thought made my chest tighten. I stepped back away from the glass and slid down one of the cupboards in the kitchen. Isy could have had another sister or a brother and I stopped her from that privilege. I stopped Emily from having a cousin to play with.