Chapter 1

Chapter 1

The blood pumped through my veins faster than ever before. Excitement kept bursting through my heart. I was nervous as hell.

"C'mon Lara. You make this. You rock this." I said to myself quietly in German.

Suddenly someone touched me from behind saying, "3, 2, 1." My feet started to move. When I stood there where I should I looked into the crowd in front of me. And then the music to my song started to play.

Yes. I was a singer.

Tonight my second tour started. That's why I was more nervous than usual. The stage was dark. I knew the people in front of me couldn't see me yet, so I took a moment and looked at the tattoo on my wrist which I made one week before my first tour. It read, "Never forget who you really are." I would never let change me by the fame. Every time before the first song starts it felt like the time froze.

My idol is Demi Lovato. I've met her twice and she literally is the most amazing person ever. She's my idol because she doesn't care what people say about her and her body and that she has some pounds 'too much'. Actually she hasn't, but the media only wants those slim models. I've also got some pounds too much. That means I'm not the slimmest person, I'm quite curvy.

I'm from Austria, but my mom's from Sweden. She came to Austria about 30 years ago and there she met my father. My mother loved her last name, so she kept it. That's why my full name is Lara Sophia Andersson. Two years ago, when I was 18, I moved to London to go to a college there. Instead of studying I somehow got a recording contract and started touring the world, well, I haven't toured the world yet, but I will. My first tour only was a few concerts in the UK, a few in Europe and about ten in the US to do some promotion. But this tour, this tour is going to be epic. It is sold out in the UK and America and there'll be about a hundred concerts.

Wait.

Oh my god.

Now the show starts.

Help me.

No, I don't want to sing now.

I felt how my right hand started to move towards my mouth. The microphone was now placed right in front of it. My knees were weak.

I started to sing, "Puttin' my defences up 'Cause I don't wanna fall in love If I ever did that I think I'd have a heart attack"

The crowd was amazing! Some of them sang along, some of them only screamed. I've always dreamt about this life, about to sing my songs in front of my fans on my tour.

"Never put my love out on the line Never said yes to the right guy Never had trouble getting what I want But when it comes to you, I'm never good enough When I don't care I can play 'em like a Ken doll Won't wash my hair Then make 'em bounce like a basketball

((A/N: This is 'Heart Attack' by Demi Lovato, but please just imagine this song is sung by Lara! :D))

But you make me wanna act like a girl Paint my nails and wear high heels Yeah you, make me so nervous That I just can't hold your hand"

I loved it. Now I wasn't nervous anymore at all. Now I was only happy that I've got such amazing fans.

"You make me glow, but I cover up Won't let it show, so I'm Puttin' my defences up Cause I don't wanna fall in love If I ever did that I think I'd have a heart attack

Never break a sweat for the other guys When you come around, I get paralyzed And everytime I try to be myself It comes out wrong like a cry for help It's just not fair Pain's more trouble than love is worth I gasp for air It feels so good, but you know it hurts"

I was so happy that I shouted into my mic, "I love you Liverpool!" The crowd was screaming and I saw some cute signs which read 'Lara you're my idol!' or 'You are amazing Lara Sophia Andersson'. It made me proud to read such signs which were dedicated to me, only to me.

"But you make me wanna act like a girl Paint my nails and wear perfume For you, make me so nervous That I just can't hold your hand

You make me glow, but I cover up Won't let it show, so I'm Puttin' my defences up Cause I don't wanna fall in love If I ever did that I think I'd have a heart attack

The feelings got lost in my lungs They're burning, I'd rather be numb And there's no one else to blame So scared I take off and I run I'm flying too close to the sun And I burst into flames

You make me glow, but I cover up Won't let it show, so I'm Puttin' my defences up 'Cause I don't wanna fall in love If I ever did that I think I'd have a heart attack I think I'd have a heart attack I think I'd have a heart attack"

"I just wanted to take a moment to thank each and every one of you. You really don't know how much this actually means to me. I'd love to meet every single one of you and just hug you and talk to you! But, well, management only allows expensive meet and greets." I rolled my eyes while the crowd laughed. I loved to make them laugh, "I've got broken hearted and wounded by boys a lot, once I almost died, but it never made me to stop chasing after my dreams. And now look where I stand, on the stage at the beginning of my second tour. This is absolutely incredible! Thank you so much!" The music to my second song 'Barely Thought About It' started to play.

*

The first show was over and I literally fell into my bunk in the tour bus. Holy crap, that was an amazing show!

"Hey, Lara, don't you want to celebrate the beginning of the tour a bit?" Jason, my drummer, asked. He was my best friend since the first tour and he's really kind and lovely. He understood me in every single situation. To be famous and to get a lot of attention isn't always that easy and of course there were moments I thought back to my not-famous life and missed them.

"Nah, not really." I answered, "I'm too tired to celebrate anything!"

"But it isn't the same without the star of the show!" He tried to change my mind.

"Oh, c'mon you know I'm not the star of the show because without my band and without my dancers I wouldn't be anything." I whined.

"And that's what I wanted to hear. Thanks." Jason chuckled. I loved the people I work with so much, they were like my second family. I was so happy that management didn't change any dancers or anyone of the band or security guards because during the first tour everyone became such an important person to me. 

I really didn't know why management made the first show of the tour in Liverpool, but we're heading to London, my hometown, and there'll be three concerts. My family and my best friend Alex will be there to watch tomorrow!