Thank Goodness for Intramural try outs

Hi, crush!

This sounds funny but for the first time out of all the intramurals I had so far, this school year's intramurals is the most memorable one.

You and I were both assigned to pick players for the events in intramurals. I couldn't believe it at first. God damn, I hated being appointed to do it at first. But thanks to you, who volunteered to do it too, I felt happy.

I was assigned for the picking of who would join the badminton match and you were assigned on who would play for the basketball game.

You even said that you and I should be partners no matter what in the badminton mixed doubles. I didn't say anything and I didn't even reacted but deep inside, the butterflies in my stomach aren't just flapping their wings and flying about but they're freakin' screaming because of what you said.

There were many that signed up, mostly freshies who wanted some extra credit because some professors required them to.

As we were having a team meeting about it, the freshies of the engineering department, our department, came in. I saw you glanced through the door but quickly looked at your phone and continued playing the game you were playing while we listened to your playlist using my earphones. I was annoying you by touching the screen of your phone every now and then that's why you decided to stop playing.

You looked around, scanning the room, to see who were there. I was pretty much sure you were looking for that freshie you have a crush on. I know you were. I watched you as your eyes drifted to her direction. You didn't stare at her for a long time but I still saw it. You then shifted your attention to me and then annoyed me. Your crush has this sharp eyes and nice dimples, of course she's pretty and not fat. I felt the little self-confidence I have drastically reached negative as I compared myself, mentally, to her.

I am this fat, ugly, and uncharming girl. It's not even a competition if we got compared side by side with each other, she'd win over me by a landslide.

On the other hand, there's also this freshie who has a huge crush on you so I thought of annoying her to see how she'd react. I did some of the things we do with little sweetness. And it satisfied me when I saw her look at us and then turned away when she caught my eye contact.

The professors then assigned us and we started asking students if they wanna sign up for try outs. I got ahold of the list of students who signed up for try outs and asked them to write their number on the list. I also asked you to write your number but then you fished out my phone on my pocket and entered your number there.

I was happy that I finally have your number. I didn't use it to contact you though. I used a messenger app because I am not into texting and using load that much. And also because I don't wanna look easy to just text you right away. Haha. I don't wanna get discovered.

We talked about all the things under the weather and about practice. You asked if I could a permission to a basketball gym near my place. I didn't like the thought of asking permission and I also didn't like the thought of doing it for someone. I was never one to ask for permission with those places. But because you have this great convincing powers, you won at convincing me to ask for permission.

The morning after, the basketball try outs was held at that gym. You guys were busy shooting hoops and playing to test who is best suited to be playing for the team. During the play, you, with no doubt, looked like the captain. You looked so manly. You looked so handsome. And you looked so...hot. You weren't the only one though. The freshie who's about the same height as yours also looked manly, hot, and handsome. I think I might've watched the freshie guy's play more than yours. Haha

While watching the game(freshie guy's game specifically), you being the bossy and annoying creature you are asked me to buy some water for you guys. You handed me some many but I didn't move an inch. I lost it when you called me basketball team manager though, although I didn't have the heart to buy water, I still did because I am the "team manager". Lol. You winked at me when I roughly grabbed the money and stood up, you even pinched my cheeks, you bastard!

After I bought water like you said, thank goodness for the guy(which was by chance the freshie guy because he was the only one available) you commanded to accompany me and carry those, I saw you on the bench resting. I asked what was wrong and you said you injured you waist. I became worried, anybody else would be! I was just gone for some time and then someone's already injured. I hit you on the arm and told you that you're so reckless! You then chuckled and told me that it doesn't hurt much. I asked you how you got injured and you said you did it for the chicks. You tried to exhibition, catching the ball saving it from going outside of the court and got yourself injured by the ring stand.

Being the demanding guy that you are, you said we took too much time to buy water. I just glared at you and stayed beside you, assisting you and keeping you companied.

After a set and a break, you stood up and said you'd play again. I nearly tied you to a chair and asked you to behave and rest but I know that you're hardheaded so I just let you play. Of course, I jokingly threatened you that I'd really tied you down if you injure yourself again. You chuckled then patted my head and said "You're threatening me not to get injured again? Who even made you think I'd get injured again? That's just a one time nothing serious injury. You can't even reach me what else, tie me. Maybe I'd even be the one to tie you."