School

Maya's P.O.V
I went to Riley's house to pick her up, when I got there I greeted by Mr. and Mrs. Matthews.
"Hey Mr. and Mrs. Matthews."
"Hi Maya." They responded in unison.
"Where's Riley?"
"Oh, didn't Riley tell you?" Mrs. Matthews asked.
"Tell me what?"
"That Farkle was picking her up this week." Mrs. Matthews said.
"Oh, ok. Well I got to get to school. See ya there Mr. Matthews."
"See ya Maya." He said still grading papers.
I went out the door and walked to school by myself. As I went on the subway, I kept thinking why Riley didn't tell me that Farkle was picking her up. My thoughts were interrupted by a certain someone calling me a certain name.
"Hey Penelope." A Texas accent said behind me.
"Hey Ranger Rick." I said with a sigh and turned around.
"What's wrong?" He asked looking at me like he actually cared."
"Like you care."
"I don't but I do want at least one day for everyone to be happy. So what's wrong?"
"Nothing. I'm just thinking about why Riley didn't tell me that Farkle was picking her up all week. She hasn't been talking or hanging out with me that much anymore, and that means I have to talk to you. A guy that I don't really like and I'm forced to be nice to him when I hate him and I know he hates me too."
"Well, Riley and Farkle have been spending a lot of time together. Farkle hasn't been hanging out with me a lot either. So I have your same problem. Except I don't hate you as much as you think. So now that our conversation is done let's get out of this subway and get to school." He said getting out of the subway while grabbing my hand and dragging me out of the subway station.
We walked to school together in silence. When we got to school, Riley and Farkle came up to us.
"Are you two finally together?" Riley asked smiling.
"No. Why would you think that?" I asked her wondering why she thought we were together.
She didn't answer, she just looked at Farkle and smiled. Farkle smiled back. Then they looked at us. They both took out their phone and took a picture of us. I'm so confused. I looked at Lucas and saw that he was already looking at me. I looked back at Riley and Farkle, they were still smiling at us.
"Why do you think we're together?" I yelled.
"Cause your holding hands." Riley screamed back.
I looked down at our hands and saw that she was right. He didn't let go of my hand while we were walking to school. I looked up at Lucas and he was still looking at me. More like staring at me. I blushed. Why was he always looking at me. He's acting like he likes me. Does he?
Lucas's P.O.V.
I can't believe Farkle and Riley got a picture of me and Maya holding hands. To be fair, I was asking for it. I grabbed her hand. I don't really hate her. I actually really like her. The only reason I'm a little mean is so I don't have everyone knowing I like her. Only Farkle knows. Maya let go of my hand.
"Let's just go to class." She said, she was blushing though.
"You and Riley go ahead, I need to talk to Lucas alone." Farkle said, kissing Riley on the cheek.
"Ok. See ya Farkle." Riley said walking into the classroom with Maya.
"What happened?" Farkle asked me.
"What do you mean?"
"Why were you and Maya, you're crush since the first day of school, holding hands?"
"Cause I dragged her out of the subway after talking to her for the entire ride to school."
"Lucas, why don't ask her out already?"
"Cause she'll say no. She doesn't like me. She hates me. I don't want to ask her out if I know she'll say no."
"How do you know she'll say no, Lucas?"
I was about to answer, but he walked into class. I stood there thinking. Would she say yes or no?