00.

00. against the world

scientists said that your pupils dilate when you see the person you love.

and that is exactly what happened to harry's pupils when his eyes fell to the girl he loved oh so dearly.

"lily," his mouth twitched into a smile as he got up to his feet and approached her, "welcome home, darling."

he watched as she turned her back against him and began putting all her things on the desk. he snaked his arms around her petite waist and hugged her from behind, his head laying on her shoulder. "how's work been?"

she didn't answer for a while, heaving out a heavy sigh. but soon she shook her head and muttered, "god. i'm exhausted."

that caused the young boy to chuckle softly and let go of her. "well, go rest, then. i made the bed for you when you left."

once again, she sighed. she began striding, letting her feet lead her to the bed. but before she lied down, she looked at the folded cotton sheets at the edge of the bed and the comforter that laid, having no crease. her face twisted in confusion, harry found that adorable.

he loved the way she pursed her lips, making her rosy cheeks look as if there was something inside. he smiled to himself, thinking of how lucky he was that he had her.

soon, she shrugged and threw herself on the bed and smiled at the comfort it brought her. she started playing with her own hair, and harry watched as the light from outside beamed on her extravagant features. she was absolutely beautiful at that moment. if only he had a camera with him, he would have already taken a lot of pictures.

 if only he had a camera with him, he would have already taken a lot of pictures

lily didn't talk. she just lied there and played with the strands of her hair. she didn't talk a lot, but harry didn't mind at all. the silence always connected them in ways that words never could. and he really loved that. just the two of them, alone with their thoughts.

it was always harry and lily against the world.