The Downfall

The year is 2031, mass human population died out a long time ago with the coming of the infection. Remaining survivors placed the blame on the government as their leader Charles Marx stood for preservation of Earth for as long as possible...and by any means necessary. The reason people blamed him was due to his last public speech before he resigned, he spoke out to the world saying "I will kill the cockroach of Earth, the planet will flourish like flowers" the he stood down.

The first signs of the Tainted cropped up in  Africa around 2030 but news corporations dismissed as "cannibal tribes finding means of survival in third world countries."
Within months of that happening the same stories were appearing in, France, Germany and the UK but this time being phrased as "Man aged 64 chews off wife's head whilst she sleeps." By this point we had people rallying in the streets yelling that the end was coming and holding signs reading "Judgment day is upon us"

The infection itself -the one that caused human to become raged mindless bodies just wanting the satisfaction of killing- was airborne, this meant that everyone was breathing it in, the very thing that was meant to keep us living was killing us. Oh irony you sweet sweet bastard. Anyway, humans had caught onto this theory by now and started appearing around the streets in gas masks doing their everyday tasks. But it was too late. The infection had already got them, it just takes a while for symptoms to show, so what cities worldwide ended up with was twelve year old girls wearing gas masks literally tearing limbs off people and mass hysteria that no one could control, babies were being torn from their prams, dads were breaking every bone in their sons bodies. And me? What was I doing whilst outside my window doomsday occurred? At my computer with a pizza, a bottle of Mountain Dew and Call of Duty. And that's were I am now, one year into the making and my daily routine hasn't changed...except I grow my own food and never step out of my apartment, I don't even wear a gas mask, all I can assume is that I'm immune to this airborne disease. I don't know how or why me and not Mrs Jones across to hall (who ended up biting off all her husbands limbs) but I know it's a good thing. After studying the Tainted from my third floor window I began to notice that some of them would walk together in set of four and would not fight one another, so I rightfully named them Quads. Everything was going great for me...right up until the 14th of August 2031. When 'she' came. The one that ruined my life plan. The one that almost killed me.