Chapter 6

Niall’s Pov:

“Man, calm down! It’s one date!.” I had been bugging Liam for the past hour and a half about what the hell to wear. It was already past 5:30. I whipped my eyes, trying to rid the tiredness out of them. I didn’t sleep good last night, tossed and turned.

“I want to look alright for her though.. C’mon just tell me what you think..”

He sighed, “You look great mate. Kinda tired to tell you the truth, but you look really great.” He offered me a smile before turning his head back to the telly. “But lose the tie. That’s too fancy. Just the shirt and blazer yea? So if she’s cold you can give it to her. That always works.”

I laughed, grabbing my jacket from the bed, then puffing out my chest at myself in the mirror. I looked alright. “Thanks mate.”

Liam’s smile dropped in the mirror, his eyes going hard.

“Mate.. you’re kinda sweating.. you ok?” He looked at me with serious eyes.

I looked at myself in the mirror, seeing the sheen across my forehead.”Yea.. J-just nervous.” I mumbled. I am nervous, but I know that’s not why.

I felt Liam’s hand on my shoulder as he came up behind me, turning me around, “Hey.. look at me.” I looked up slowly, wiping my brow. Liam was still looking at me with serious eyes.

“It’s... You’re ok right? You.. You haven’t..-”

“No.” I lied. “No I haven’t. I’m ok Li.” I gave him a small smile, “I’m happy, I really am. ” That part is true. I am happy. I placed my hand over his squeezing slightly.

He nodded returning my smile slightly, “Good, good. Can’t have you not being happy. You’re my best mate after all..”

I nodded at him, and he smiled before quickly undoing my tie.

“Now go, wouldn’t want you to be late.”

“Ok. Alright.” I sound crazy talking to myself as I walk up to her hotel door, and if anyone could hear me, they would probably assume I was. The truth is I’m just a very nervous boy.

I brought my hand up to my hair, ruffling it a few times, and smoothing my jacket down. “Ok.”

I knocked on the door three times, before clasping my hands behind my back. I wasn’t standing there for even three seconds before the door was thrown open to reveal a extremely excited Riley. She was leaning against the door, one hand on her hip and smiling at me with this look in her eye that made me think she was just a bit too excited about this.

“Well, hi there.”

“Uhm.. Hi Riley.” 

She moved away from the doorway, and I looked down for a moment just to ease the tension of her stare. “Come on in Irish.”

I stepped through the door, flashing her an uneasy smile. “It’s Niall..”

“Oh I know.”

She just stood there looking at me up and down, smiling and nodding to herself.

“Uh..-”

“Have you kissed now?”

I heard a sigh from my left, “None of your business Riley, let the poor guy be.”

I looked to my left, and nearly dropped to my knees. Beautiful. She looks like how you feel on christmas morning, or on your birthday. She looks like the feeling you get when you do something amazing. She looks like the butterflies in my stomach I get when I see her. She was glowing. She had this dark navy dress on, almost black and heals. Her hair was all twirly, and looked perfect. She wasn’t wearing a lot of makeup and I was glad for that. She doesn’t need it. I wanted to look her up and down very slowly just so I took everything in, but I didn’t want to give Riley something to rant about, so I would save that for later.