Summary & review

Between Heaven and Earth By Eric Walters

Series :The Seven Series 

Published by  Orca Book Publishers on Oct 12, 2012

Pages: 245

Age  range 13+

Genre Juvenile  Fictions

Book summary: DJ is a football linebacker who thinks of himself as a leader who can accomplish anything, but when he is given the task by his decease to climb Mt Kilimanjaro he learns it will not be as easy even when he is fit. DJ learns he will need all the help he can get to reach the summit.

Review: Another one of Eric Walters amazing stories, takes you through the life of the eldest grandson of David McLean, who has been named David junior or also known as DJ. DJ thinks of himself as a leader and a winner.By his relatives he is an old soul, always knowing what to do and he is known for his potentials as well as his skills of knowledge, while the smarter kids had the questions he seemed to have the answers. There's a lot of pressure on DJ to do and lead his twin brother and five younger cousins through the right path of life and live up to the expectations placed upon him for his grandfather's namesake. 

Especially since the death of his father, DJ is used to being considered the strong and responsible one, so when he is given the task by his deceased grandfather to climb Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania and scatter his grandfather's ashes , he is sure it won't be that difficult and that it will be just like a walk in the park. But DJ finds that it will take everything he's got to make it to the top-and he's going to need help. In this story is an adventure involving helping a girl named Sarah prove her worthiness as the first youngest and girl porter up the mountain, and life lessons on relying on others for strength when you need it the most. 

Throughout this book, in my opinion, I am really curious on the grandfather of the boy's, David McLean, and who Eric Walters wanted the charterer to represent in reality. Grandfather  David also knows what each of the grandsons needed such as like how David McLean had known what each grandson had needed to make them equal like how DJ is always over confident about himself so the grandfather gave  a task, so that DJ can learn to depend on people at times as well. 

 The sequels of this story ,Sleeper, has been released

  and soon will the prequel Jungle land.