Afraid to Fly

This chapter features

Percy Jackson

Supernatural

Sherlock

High School Musical

and Roseanne.

Credit goes to the rightful oweners of each of these fandoms, as I own none of them.

~

Percy gripped the arms of the seat so tightly, his knuckles turned white. He could feel sweat running down his face, his eyes widening. Annabeth, his girlfriend sat next to him, trying to calm him down.

"It'll be okay, Percy, " she told him reassuringly. "Nothing's going to happen. We've got Jason and Thalia here."

He smiled at her, to let her know he was fine. But, even with the sky god's children on either side of them, the son of Poseidon was still nervous. See, Lord Zeus had a habit of reminding Percy that he could shoot him out of the sky at any given moment. It was simply not Poseidon territory.

"Yeah," Jason tried to help. "We won't let our father blast you out of the sky."

Thalia nodded, maybe a little annoyed. "Just calm down," she said, as soothingly as the huntress would get. "We haven't even taken off yet."

"Excuse me for not, you know, wanting to die!" Percy shot back. As he was speaking, two guys wearing flannel were taking their seats. The shorter of the two seemed a little antsy, which made Percy all the more nervous.

"Would you calm down, Dean," sighed the taller, moose like man. "The plane doesn't even leave for another five minutes!"

"Oh, well isn't that relieving?" snapped the other guy, Dean, sarcastically. "A plane, Sammy! Seriously? What about Baby?"

The moose man, Sammy, rolled his eyes. "Okay. One, your 'baby' is a car. Two, the case is all the way in Scotland, so we have to fly." Dean just grumbled and shook his head. He mumbled something to Sammy, who Percy thought might've been his brother. Then, he stood up and shouted,

"Cristo!" Jason frowned at him. He said,

"That means God in Latin." The dude stared at him skeptically.

"Yeah...and?"

"...Nothing."

"Okay, then."

Dean sat back down, sighing heavily in what seemed like realif. Sammy shook his head at him.

"What?"

"Told you."

"Shut up."

"Jerk."

"Bitch."

Percy turned back to Annabeth, who was looking on thoughtfully. He asked,

"Could they be - "

" - Half-bloods? I dunno. Maybe."

Just then, a family full of six - a plump man and woman, a blonde girl, a black haired girl carrying a basketball, a little, and a skinny woman, who was complaining a lot - bored the plane, followed by a tall man in a trench coat with high cheekbones and a short man that looked like a hedgehog wearing a jumper.

They all took their seats.

Cheekbones sighed and looked around boredly, muttering incoherent things to himself. Percy reached in his pocket nervously for Riptide, but Annabeth gaped at the man, who seemed oblivious.