chapter one

It was a fine morning. I had just got out of bed. My name is Joseph. I was a commoner who lived in solidwood. We had many dragon attacks before. If you cant tell by now, I lived in the medieval times. I was about to go out for a walk when I heard someone outside yell "DRAGON!" I went and got my sword,armor, & shield and joined in the fight. It was the commoners, armies, & others fighting the dragon. I heard the flaps of a thousand wings & as soon as I turned around, I saw thousands of thousands of dragons. I ran to my Hut & got my horn. I ran back out and blew. The horn was loud enough to wake the entire country to fight. As soon as I blew, millions of billions of armies poured into the kingdom. Just then I woke up and realised that all of it was just a dream. I got out of bed and decided to go have breakfast. As soon as I got out of bed I heard a thousand footsteps and the crackling fire. Suddenly i noticed that my house caught on fire. I ran out after grabbing my sword shield & armor. I had to get away. Every commoner was running from the kingdom. There were four kingdoms at the time. We were the northern kingdom. We were also at war with the southern kingdom. We had an alliance with the east & West kingdoms. We sent a messenger to the south kingdom. The messenger we sent was a mistake we made when sending. He tried to attack the south kingdom. When he returned to our Kingdom running from the army of the south kingdom, we asked what he did. After he told us, we executed him through the guillotine. We killed him in front of the south kingdom's army. Getting back to the present, everyone was heading either to the west or east kingdom. I was heading to the south kingdom, for I was going to become a south Kingdom commoner. When i had knocked on the gate door, I was 'greeted' by a guard. When he asked why I was here I simply replied with, "the north Kingdom was attacked. I was a survivor. I wish to be a South Kingdom commoner." He allowed me to see the king. When he asked for proof, I showed him the ruins of the North kingdom. All he said was, "How is this possible?" Just then I noticed an assassin about to pounce & I withdrew my sword. Right on que I held up my sword at the assassin and blocked him from reaching the king and successfully killing him. The king just stared in amazement at how well I had been able to protect him.