Nightmare

"Mom?"

Star says as she reaches out to her mother's hands.

"Oh Star." Her mother replies as she tries to hug her.

"Why did you do that?" Star says with a hint of sadness and fear.
"I couldn't let him hurt you Star." Moon says as she starts to feel weak her body starting to turn purple due to the magic that she has unleash to 'defeat' Toffee.

"MOM DON'T LEAVE ME PLEASE!!" Star shouts worriedly as she tries to use her magic to heal her dying mother.

It didn't work. No matter how much she tried... No matter how many spells she can utter from the top of her head.

Nothing.

Moon's body is almost colored with purple, coming from toe to the neck.
Star knows that she only has a bit of time left before she passes.
"Mom, I am so sorry for all the things I have to do, for all of my reckless actions. I-"
"It's alright sweety, don't blame yourself, I want you to continue acting like yourself. Your the new queen now, please tell your father that I love him."
Moon cuts out Star as her voice starts to fade out.

...

"I love you, Mom." Star says as she hugs her mother tightly, embracing her. This was the only course of action she can do to send her mother off to the afterlife.

"I love you too, Star." Moon says as she looks at her daughter one last time before closing her eyes.

Forever.

As her mother closed her eyes, Star could feel her once warm body turning cold. The color purple spreading faster then ever before to cover Moon's body from head to toe.

"Mom, Mom ,Mom." Star says repeatedly as she shakes her slowly.

"Mom wake up please!!" Star shouts as she shakes her a bit faster.

"Nonononono!!" Star shouts as she hugs her mother.

She shouts loudly as ever, hugging her mother knowing that she is know gone.

Never did she think that she would let out such violent and devastating cries. But she is... and she can't stop herself from it.

Soon the world starts to turn black.

...

Star jolts out of bed, confused and scared of what had happened in her dream.

"I hope that won't happen to mom, I can't lose her right now. Not at this moment." She says to herself, water starting to form in her eyes over the thought of losing her mother.

But before she can hug her knees to comfort herself. She hears a knock on the door.

Knock

Knock

Knock

Who is still awake at this hour?

Star sighs, wiping the tears from her face. She gets out of bed and approaches the door to open it.

"Star?"

"Marco? You're still awake?" She asks the karate boy, confused on why he is still awake.

"Are you ok? I keep hearing noises in your room. Is everything ok?" Marco asks a bit worried.

"I'm fine Marco don't worry." She says with a bit more enthusiasm to hide that she had almost wept on her bed.

....

"You don't look fine tho...." Marco says to her, crossing his arms in concern.

"Come on Star, talk to me."

....

".... Was it that obvious?"

Marco nods as an answer to Star's question. She gives him a small smile, feeling a bit better with her best friend's concern.

"Sorry... Sorry for lying to you." Star says as she goes back to bed, hugging her knees and then forming into a ball position. Marco follows her, making sure he closes the door before approaching her bed.

He sits on Star's bed, making sure he is right next to curled position. He gives Star a small rub on the shoulder as a way for him to comfort her.

"Take your time... You don't need to tell me if you don't want to. I'll be here when you're ready okay?"

Star can only give a soft sight to that statement. She's still unsure whether or not she should tell him her dream, to her it feels funny that she's this upset over it. She always had a not so great relationship with her mother so.. She's unsure what Marco would react if he finds out about it since he has always been the one to hear Star's annoyance over her mom.

"Did you had a nightmare?"

Ding Ding.
Marco Diaz guesses the problem right away.

"..... Yeah... It was a nightmare." Star replies to Marco, albeit in a soft yet teary way. She gets up from her ball position and places herself in an Indian sit so she can properly have a conversation with Marco. Marco notices this and gives her a soft smile of comfort.

"I'm.... Not gonna ask about what it is since you might now want to at the moment so uh...."

"So... What-"

Before Star can even finish her sentence, she suddenly receives a hug from Marco.

"Hope this makes you feel better Star."

She chuckles, hugging him back.

"Yeah... It does."

...

"Can we stay life this for few more minutes? I'm still not ready to tell you about my nightmare."

Marco can only chuckle in response to her.

"Sure... Just let me know when you're ready to let go of your worries to me. Okay?"

"Okay."

And so... the two best friends stayed like that for a bit of time.

Whatever it is that made Star have those emotions, Marco will be there to help ease those woes.  Just as how Star has been to him as well.

---

Hello ^w^

I updated this chapter recently.

1/5/23 to be exact.

I'm planning on editing the other chapters in this one shot book before ending it officially with one more story.

This originally had a romantic ending but editing this made me have the urge to instead be focused on their friendship.

Dont worry though, hopefully the rest of the one shots will stay romantic.

Until then... Hope you enjoy reading the rest of the book. I am 100% sure you'll cringe the more you read it but I hope you can forgive my younger self with her writing and grammar.