one

my mother is already yelling at me to get out of the bathroom. she gave me five minutes to get ready, and it hasn't even been two. she's banging on the door as i quickly hike my jeans up my legs, taking a glance in the mirror before me to part my hair.

"get out!" she yells, before finally bursting into the small confined space.

"was already on my way out."

"keep that attitude far away from here, or im going to slap it out of you."

her threats have never scared me, and they hadn't scared me now. i stood before her, only inches apart.

"go ahead, smack me." i say between gritted teeth, and she rushes at me, her hand winding up.

before she has the chance to hit me, i shove my arms out and she runs into them. i duck down afterwards, making a quick escape out of the bathroom. she bolts for her phone, already planning to call my dad who's been at work for nearly twelve hours and tell him about the scene. she doesn't realize he doesn't give a shit, and has a lot more stuff to worry about than this.

i hear her telling him that i pushed her and she fell backwards when im slipping on my sneakers. i rolled my eyes at the way she twisted the situation. i needed to get out of here and fast, even though i had twenty minutes to spare before i needed to leave for the bus stop. i made my way out to the living room, where she continued to spill false words from her mouth.

i swung my backpack over my shoulder, plugging my headphones into my ear and immediately blasting a loud song in attempts to drown out her loud, piercing voice. i could hear her yelling when i opened the door to leave, and with another roll of my eyes, i turned the volume up louder.

authors note; i should have placed this at the very beginning of the story and i do apologize, but these small excepts and short stories may contain sensitive topics for some people, and may even include triggers for some people. if you are easily offended/or do not/or cannot handle topics such as; abuse, drugs, self harm, etc, then please do not read any more of this, as i am certain they'll be stories containing those things. there's no hard feelings, i just want everyone to be warned and to be safe. however if you're alright with those things, then welcome, and enjoy these excerpts from books i'll never write.