Prologue

Johanna hunter was 17 when her parents left her and her brother and never looked back.

This is how it all started

Johanna and her mother never had a real home, they would constantly move from one place to another. If they were to ever need a place to sleep, they would rent a room at a cheap motel. Jo never asked her mother for anything, but in her heart the only thing she wanted was to have a real home.

Johanna saw how unhappy her mother was, yet she never dared to ask her the reason why she was constantly frowning at the world. The girl kept to herself, tried to give her mother the space she needed. But sometimes curiosity would get the best of her, and she would ask her mother the questions that always roamed in her head.

She sometimes asked why she didn't go to a school, like the other kids did. The mother would tell her they can't afford schools. The girl would only nod, for her mother always gave her short answers that made a young girl go crazy.

When Johanna saw children with their parents, she would raise her head up to the sky full of stars and wish, wish that someday she would have a family; and the sadness would go away.

The girl never dared to ask about her father, until one day she was forced too.

One afternoon, the mother entered their motel room with wide eyes. She looked around the room and suddenly asked her daughter to pack everything for they were leaving. Jo didn't know what's going on, and the way her mother was panicking freaked her out. She walked slowly to her mother and held her hands and asked her gently.

"Mom, can you please tell me what's going on?" the mother suddenly stopped in her tracks, and looked at her daughter with soft eyes "you're finally getting what you wished for, a family."

Her mother Verna took Jo to Chet, her biological father. And told her that they would be living with him. For she is carrying his child, the girl doesn't know how it happened, but she got what she wanted. A home, a family.

Years later, they still lived together Chet's small little trailer barely fitting a family of four. But Johanna was happy. Even though they didn't have much at least they are together. But all of that changed.

Her mother left them, a letter nor a goodbye. They were all devastated, specially her father. After a while he left looking for their mother.

Johanna tried to keep herself together, for Shawn's sake. He was the only family she has left. She loved him with all of her heart. She knew that he she can always count on him.

She realized that her brother was so broken, that he pretended that nothing happened. Shawn was happy to have his sister by his side, to know that he's not totally alone.

Johanna thought that her heart would never heal, little did she know she was wrong.

Poppy Drayton as Johanna Hunter

I wrote an Eric Matthews ff because he's such a cinnamon roll. This ff is inspired by @adamdrivers Shawn Hunter ff. She's an awesome writer Check her stories out!