3. Tragedy

I'm back and I most definitely would continue this story! I know its been almost half a year, but I was busy with other things in life :/ I would be active on Wattpad now again!

~~~~~

"What you did most definitely was not alright. Lumia, do a headcount." Mordana yelled as she walked right up to Darako.

"Look, I... I'm sorry... I was just practicing my fire magic. I didn't... know that it would be so uncontrollable. What... what matters most now is that everyone is fine..."

Mordana shook her head as she put her deadly gaze away from him.

"Twenty four, twenty five, twenty six... We're missing one!"

She did not need Lumia to tell her. Mordana let out a sudden sigh, opening her mouth, then shutting it right after. Finally, and almost inaudibly, comes out the word "Jack". Her mind swirled with images of what just happened. Then all that was seen was darkness.

"Out of the way!" A voice hollered from behind. It was the professor of life magic - Mordawyn. "Tell me what the hell happened here!"

Darako was rooted to the spot, eyes wide. "I... I'm sorry Mor...Morda..."

"Apology unaccepted." He turned around, clenching his teeth. "You murdered my son."

Mordawyn disappeared into the fire, with the dire hope of rescuing Jackilish. Jack was lying there, motionless. "Jack!" Mordawyn rushed over. "Jack. Jack.. please wake up... please..." Beads of tears dropped onto Jack's face, evaporating into green particles of life as Mordawyn continued to pray for a miracle. "Come on Jack... Just say one word... Please..."

But he wouldn't.

~~~~~

Fire gushed out of the classroom, and converged into an enormous ball of flame. Then it came down, onto the ground. Onto where Mordana was. Onto where Darako was. Onto where all the students were. The fire spread across the ground, like tongues of snakes chasing their prey. Mordana woke up only to see herself lying on a lava floor.

A shadow appeared out of the classroom, then disappeared into the night sky.