Chapter 4

"--He just doesn't know how to act. I don't understand why he's so damn stupid!", Nami shouted, making you and Robin both chuckle softly. "Seriously, [Name]! How can you stand that guy?", Nami finally popped, making you jump slightly at the implication of Sanji.

     "I-I-", You blushed, giggling nervously, before shrugging, and slumping over defeatedly. You shifted nervously for a moment. Robin sat up a little, not having to glance behind her to know that the conversation was safe from prying ears. "I don't know...", You mumbled.

     "[Name], you should talk to Sanji.", Robin stated very simply. The smooth, velvety tone in her voice was calming for you. She gave you a knowing smile and you couldn't help but smile back. You glanced to Nami, who didn't seem like she was picking up on the context of Robin's words.

     "Tchuh, Tell him to bring me a smoothie while you're at it. Tangerine and banana.", Nami had an irritated scowl set in her eyes and you knew she wouldn't be able to move passed  her scalding anger at the cook for quite a while.

      You smiled at Nami's rage as you always did when she acted irrational. "Try not to blow up on him again, Nami.", You shook your head a little at her in disbelief. She had an emotional episode nearly everyday over Sanji.

--

      Later that evening you had moved to the deck, watching the moon shine over the lazy waves that lapped against the ship. This was not a new habit. Almost every night, you would find yourself swaying your legs through the gaps on the detailing of the Sunny. It was your way of getting away from everyone else.

     As you looked down at the waves, you began seeing Sanji's face reflecting back at you in the blue curling mirror down below, shaking your head with a sigh. "This is getting ridiculous...", You sighed softly. It was like the cook was everywhere, if you wanted it or not. He penetrated your thoughts, he captivated your attention, and most importantly, he wouldn't leave.

      "What's ridiculous?", You heard from behind you, causing an almost inhuman scream of fear to escape your throat.

      "DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT SANJI!", You had already jumped up from your seat on the deck, playfully swatting him in the arm. The taller male simply laughed.

      "Sorry! Sorry. I guess I forget how quiet I can be.", He commented, his hands up in the air as if he was surrendering. You gave him a surprised look in response, smiling a little bit suddenly.

      "Sit down with me", A breeze flew by, causing your hair to blow to the side, surrounding your eyes. He smiled in return, reaching a hand out, his slender fingers brushed the fallen locks behind your ear.

     "Anything for you, Princess.", Sanji leaned closer, but stopped before he could get anywhere near your face. He took your hand, and the two of you sat down thighs brushing slightly.

      "Is that what you say to all the girls?", You laughed as if it was a joke.

      The blonde leaned back a little, thinking, "Hmm... Maybe", He admitted, knowing he said a lot of things to ladies.

      "O-Oh..", What else did you expect? Sanji was of course, a player. There was a deafening silence that hung to your words, before you heard the other shuffle.

      "But.. I've been meaning to talk to you about...", Sanji coughed. You looked over at him and saw an apparent blush across his cheeks. Your eyes widened a little bit, "About... That.. Kiss..", He finished, not looking at you.

      "What about it? You've kissed Nami and Robin as well, haven't you?", You mumbled defensively. It made you feel better to think you weren't getting rejected and it was just something he did to all the girls.

       "What?! N-No!", He said, making you look up, blushing as well.

       As soon as the two of you made eye contact, you looked away, staring at your laps. There was a crippling silence. Your heart was pounding in your ears to the point that it was hard to hear. Closing your eyes, you sighed. "Sanji."

      The cook perked up, and he looked over at you, peaked with curiosity. "Yes?", He asked, although you were grabbing his face before he could even summon words or action, planting your lips onto his in an instant.

      The kiss spoke for itself. The initial pressure lessened into a sweet, loving gesture, and soon Sanji's hands where on your hips, moving you to his lap to sit comfortably. The kiss quickened in pace, mouths brushing against each other sloppily. His teeth clamped your lip, causing you to moan softly.

      Before things could advance, you pulled back. "I love you", You whispered, breathing heavily, looking into the eyes of the man that had invaded your thoughts for days on end. He smiled immedietly, gaze softening, he grabbed the back of your head to pull you into his chest, hugging you tightly.

       "I love you too, Princess."