Prologue

You know that feeling when you just feel like you can do anything and no one can stop you? I finally experienced that with my best friend, Hope. All my life, I hadn't realized my parents had confined me to my house. They were overly protective and a bit annoying.

I felt free. It was amazing. My parents decided to let me explore the world a bit with my aunt, Christy. Exploring the world with my friends. It sounded splendid. The thing was, I was different from everyone. I am not into boys, although I love makeup. I wasn't your average tween, hating school and dating. I loved to read, explore, draw and I absolutely cherished school.

You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read. It was books that taught me that the things that tormented me most were the very things that connected me with all the people who were alive, or who had ever been alive.

My four best friends adored my parents. They were famous film-makers. And my mom owned a security platform. Though, they admired them, they quickly realized that they were overly protective. Whenever they wanted to go to the beach, downtown, or to their houses, I couldn't go most of the time. Their names are Hope, Natalie, Hannah, and Kate.

Little did I realize, we all had the same, one big dream.

To travel across the world. Here's how it began: