Have Faith

"Please, Mom?", I begged. When I was smaller, road trips were awesome. The excitement of getting to your destination and getting snacks along the way was just so fun. But nowadays, we tweens want more. At least, my friends and I do. We have been planning to travel across the world forever. When we were younger, we used to ride bikes across our neighborhood pretending we were hitchhiking across the mountains of Chile, we also made maps of our whole entire town and changed it to famous landmarks. The Heritage Park to Central Park.

Come on. We were in the eleventh grade and still haven't pursued our dream. "I have told you for the last time, no. We are not letting you loose to go date some boys and waste your money. Now if you'd excuse me, I have to go to work." She shook her head and grabbed her coffee.

"But, Mom, didn't you say you wanted to explore too? You could come with us?" I asked. Mom turned around giving me a sympathetic look. "You know I can't get off for two weeks! I am sorry, hon, but after what happened to your aunt...just no." Mom's other sister had been injured badly when she had been rock climbing on a expedition. Her leg got crippled badly so she got a synthetic leg.

I sighed and got Mom's sunglasses for her and said goodbye. I went upstairs and texted my friends in our group chat a "NOPE" with a sad emoji.

HopeyGirl_25- Awh, sorry bestie. My mom said no too.

NatalieBunny7- 😕 I got a Me dieron un no demasiado.

HannahBanana32- I got a YES. But only, if Y'all came.

KateQueen65- Nope as well.

HannahBanana32- Oh, then I can't go...

HopeyGirl_25 Sorry Hannah

NatalieBunny7 Sorry too Hannah

KateQueen65 Sorry gal

BayleeAngel- Wanna hang at the mall?

Sure, they all replied. Well, maybe going to the mall might cheer us up.

●●●●●●

I waited at the entrance to the mall for my friends to get here. I knew Hannah was going to be a bit late because well, she is Hannah. As soon as Hope arrived, Natalie and Kate arrived in the same car. Me and Hannah were kind of the uncoordinated ones, while the others were like on point, no joke.

Let me tell you a bit about my friends. Hope is really hippie, hence her nickname. She wears tie dye outfits and just rainbow everything with a clash of brown. She has been friends with me for the longest. She has long brown hair and and wears shades EVERYDAY. Natalie is kind of the cute one. She loves horses and has short black hair. She is Spanish. She is so neat having her books in alphabetical order and her folders in lightest to darkest. She has OCD so I don't blame her. She loves to draw and is pretty good at it. Kate is so gorgeous. Wavy blonde hair and blue eyes with long eyelashes. All the boys swoon over her. She kind of plans all of our outfits, including Hope's. She is the designer queen. Hannah is the silly one with a petite size who loves to dawdle. Easily distracted, she never gets anything done. But she is loyal and a bit loud. She is a tomboy though.

Now, I am the smart one. The brains of the group. People say I am pretty but eh. I have midlength chestnut brown hair with a hint of blonde. I have huge eyes but I love them. Anyways, back to the point, Hope gets out of her dad's car with a bright outfit on. While, Natalie and Kate get out of the car looking so cute together. Natalie is wearing a short dress and flats that looks so cute together. While Kate is wearing a floral romper with booties and a flower crown. I see Hannah in the distance riding on her skateboard waving wildly. "What are we going to do with that girl?!" Kate sighs dramatically. She laughs lightly. "I told her to wear her jean jacket and that orange top and skirt."

"It's okay, Kate. She loves wearing that football jersey." We all laugh. When Hannah finally reaches us, she is out of breath. "Calm down, Hannah." Natalie chirps. We give her her a few minutes to take a break. "Okay, me and Kate planned to get soy lattes at Starbucks first. Then, we can go to Prada, Saks Jandel, Escada, Bottega Veneta, then Dolce and Gabbana. But just to look, we have limited allowances."

Let's go!