Chapter One

Chapter One

Beer

"I only have fifteen thousand here in cash, Is oral good? Oh my gosh Chia! That's so funny!" Astrid said while laughing her ass off and eating tofu.

"Do you really think I look like a hooker?"

"Well, I don't really think so pero isipin mo yun? Saktong naka nighties ka pa that time and that happens to be the theme for the bar's hookers? This is pure gold!" Astrid thinks all of this is a joke. I can't believe someone mistakenly thought I am a prostitute.

"That guy is a pig! I mean, he offered me fifteen thousand for oral sex, it's disgusting!"

"Uy, fifteen thousand din 'yun no!" Astrid couldn't stop laughing. Oh gosh, I can't believe this woman is my best friend.

"I wouldn't be in that place if it wasn't for you, anong pumasok sa isip mo at pumunta ka sa isang lugar na puno ng lasinggero't lasinggera?"

"Hey, don't turn the subject on me, is that guy hot?" Astrid asked

"He is if he wasn't a lustful pig pero that's beside the point. Ano ba nangyari nung friday?" It was obvious that Astrid is dodging the question.

"Well..."

"Well, what?"

"I think I overreacted that night, akala ko talaga nangbababae si Greg. Ayaw ako papasukin ng nga maids niya sa bahay nila, bawal daw, tapos yun naman pala..." she is now grinning.

"He wants to propose to me, can you believe that Chia? Malapit na ako ma-engage oh my gosh!" she said excitedly.

"Do you really think he's the man for you?" I asked. I mean, ganun na ba siya ka-inlove kay Greg at kasal na agad ang nasa isip niya?

"Of course Chiara, what are you saying? We've been together for three years and still strong" she said happily.

"I'm just worried for you, hindi pa nga tayo gruma-graduate, how about your dreams of being the CEO of your company?" I asked and then ate my lasagna.

"It's just an engagement Chia, hindi naman kami magpapakasal agad and besides pwede naman akong maging CEO and a wife at the same time" she said with a smile, before I can react Greg was already beside Astrid.

"Babe it's time to go, my mom said she wants to see you. You can eat dinner at home later in the evening"

"I would love to!" she said and gave Greg a peck on the lips.

"Can you two love birds leave? You both are ruining my appetite"

"Stop being bitter Chia" Astrid said

"Oh please" I rolled my eyes

"Anyway we have to go, bye, I love you" she said and gave me a hug.

"Bye, I love you too"

Before they left, Astrid placed a one thousand peso bill on top of the table. She promised to treat me lunch and she did. What should I do now? I'm alone in a restaurant at the mall. I left the restaurant and decided to stroll around the mall, medyo maraming tao since it's sunday.