Meeting Noah

Paige's P.O.V

"Does my face look like I give a fuck?" I raised a brow at my teacher. He sighed and went on to the next student. I rolled my eyes. I hated my life. "Now what is the square root of..." I tuned out the talking. Newsflash, Mr. Youk. No one cares. I looked around the room like I always did. The walls were white and plain. The guys here were complete douchenozzles and the girls here were sluts. Yeah, I've slept with someone before, but I don't sleep with every guy I see. It's just not me. I fight, break the rules, and I just don't care anymore. "Miss Beckett?" My name pulled me out of my thoughts. "What?" I bit out. "Show Noah around the school and to each of his classes, please." Beside Mr. Youk stood a guy about a year older than me. He had brown hair and blue eyes. He had on a grey button up shirt and dark wash jeans with a pair of red Jordan sneakers. "Whatever." I pushed myself out of my desk and jerked my head towards the door. "Come on." He followed me obiediently out of the door. "Give me your shedule." I said. He rushed to get a many times folded paper out of his pocket. His hand shook slightly as he handed it to me. "Not scared, are you? I don't bite..." I leaned close to his ear. He smelled like coconuts and freedom. "...at least, not always." He blushed slightly. "I... um... you're just kind of intimidating." His stutter was so cute. "So you're a good boy, huh? I like that." I thought out loud as I read the paper. "Oh hey, look at that. You have all classes with me." I glanced up at him. "Cool." He nodded. "So do you always talk to the teachers like that or...?" He trailed off. I nodded. "Yeah. I'm not really mean to them, I just tell them how I feel. I respect Mr. Youk and, for some reason, he respects me. If you watch him when we talk, you'll see it on his face. I have no idea why either." I shrugged. "Back there was Mr. Youk's room. We have him for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd period." I looked back at his schedule. He had band rehearsal next. "Here," I opened a door and led Noah through it. "...is the band room. What do you play?" I asked him. "I'm a drummer. I was told that there was a band here and decided I wanted to join." My eyes widened and I stepped in front of him. "You're the new drummer for the band?" I asked. He shrugged. "I'm playing for Synyster Avengers. Why?" I smiled as he looked confused. "That's my band. Well, I'm a back up vocalist. I'm actually lead guitarist." I said. "I didn't take you the type to play." He said. "That's because you don't know me. By the way, my name's Paige" I smiled at him. "Come on, I'll show you the rest of the classes." After I gave Noah a tour of the school, it was time for lunch. I couldn't find him in the cafeteria, so I sat down with the jock's at my normal spot. Everyone ignored me as usual. I poked at my food, but didn't eat it. I looked behind me and saw Noah getting his tray. "Noah! Sit." I pointed at the chair next to me. He looked surprised but he sat down. Everyone stared at us now. He squirmed in his seat, avoiding the gazes. "What's wrong? You gotta piss?" I teased. "I don't like the attention." He shook his head. I could fix this. I jumped up onto the table and yelled, "I can't!" All eyes on me, I bobbed my head to a beat in my head. "Get no... satisfaction." I sang. The jocks laughed at first and then they joined in at the background chorus. The look on Noah's face was priceless when I started dancing around the tables and the athletes joined in. "When I'm drivin' in my car... And that man comes on the radio... He's tellin' me more and more... About some useless information...Supposed to fire my imagination..." The athletes jumped up on the table now and Noah just watched, fascinated, with my performance. "I can't get no!" I sang, while the athletes, "oh no, no, no" I laughed and continued. "I can't get no...satisfaction!" I finished the song and plopped down next to Noah. That would keep everyone's attention away from him. "Better?" I asked. He laughed. It was a new sound. I enjoyed it. "You didn't have to do that. I don't know what to say. Thanks." His cheeks were turning a faint red. "I know how you can repay me." I cocked my head to the side. "How?' He asked. "Take me to dinner tonight." Today was Friday, and I would be free. He nodded. "Alright." I stood up and grabbed my tray, the food scattered everywhere from the stomping on the table. I leaned down and gave Noah a peck on his cheek. "Here's my address." I handed him my band's card. We usually had concerts at my place, so my address was on it. "See you tonight, babe." I winked at him and walked away, knowing he was probably redder than a tomato. I have no idea where that came from, but it felt good. I think I like Noah... I can't. I'm the bad girl. He's... good. What if he doesn't want me? What if he thinks I'm too bad? Why do I even care? I don't. Yes, I do. I do care. I want him to want me. I like him. I sighed out loud. I needed help. I pulled my phone out. "Hey, brother." I greeted him. "Sugar, you only call me when you're sad or confused. What's your probelm now?" I sighed again. "I really need your gay happiness and consoling right now..."

The song in the cafeteria is the video on the side

Comment what you think and vote! Thank you! ~Emma Rae