23: m&ms

Lainie

Everett and I were now walking around town. It was dark now and nobody was around. It was a cold night, which had caused me to shiver.

Everett looked over at me and pulled his flannel off, placing it on my shoulders. I smiled and slipped my arms through it. It was big on me, but I did not care. It was warm and it smelt of Everett.

I looked up at him. "I had fun today." He smiled and looked down at me. "Glad you did my sweet girl." He pulled me into his side, kissing the top of my head. "If you look in my flannel pocket, there is a packet of m&ms." I gratefully pulled the packet out and began eating them.

"So I have this thing coming up, it's a writing convention, and one of my stories is in it. I was wondering if you would want to go. I mean, if you are busy, you do not have to go."

Everett laughed and rubbed my back. "I will go. When is it?" I blushed. "It is tomorrow." He nodded. "I will be there."

When we got back to my apartment, I turned and faced Everett. He leaned down and gently kissed my lips. "I will see you tomorrow my sweet girl." I intertwined our fingers. "See you tomorrow Yoda."

Everett pressed one last kiss on my lips. "I love you." He whispered. I looked into his beautiful green eyes. "I love you Yoda."

He threw one last look over his shoulder before retreating into the darkness. When I walked into my apartment, I nearly jumped when I saw my Aunt Melissa.

"How did you get in here?" I asked her coldly. Melissa was always a bad aunt. She raised me after my parents passed but she was absolutely horrid. "It does not matter."

"What does matter, is that you are leaving to New York with me tomorrow morning."