3..2..1..

Words: 1404.

Phil sat on his bed, mindlessly scrolling through Tumblr. He had been on the 7 second challenge tag for about an hour now, bemused by the reactions in each small clip.

He'd always loved his fans to death. Phil wasn't the type of YouTuber that one cared for the number of subs or likes, he loved each and every one of his Phillions, they were like his second family.

It was December 31st and many people had gone out to watch fireworks, including Dan. The love of his life Dan. He was on a date with some Louise girl. Little did Dan know that ever since Dan and Phil had met up in person Phil had been lovestruck with the brown haired boy.

Too late to tell Dan now though, right?

...

Phil's POV:
I shut my computer off and sighed. It was too cold to go outside and watch the fireworks, and it consisted of too much effort to find a good area to watch the displays take action. I never liked loud noises anyway.

I reached over to my phone and started typing a message to Dan.

Me- Hey, call me when you get back from your date, I assume you didn't pick up your key. O.o
Danneh- Thanks Phil, but I don't think I'll be needing that key, also will you do me a favour?

I ignored the no-key comment and quickly typed a reply.

Me- Depends
Danneh- On what? :|
Me- On how much effort it will take to complete said favour.
Danneh- Shut up you spork. I need you to go to Chris's house, I left something there and I need you to pick it up.
Me- Ughh fineeeee, but you owe me. Let's say two chocolate bars and a pizza.
Danneh- -.-

I picked up my coat, phone and keys and headed to Chris's house.

•-•

"Hey buddy! Have you seen some of these firework displays?! They're amazing."

Chris immediately attacked me with a hug as soon as he opened the door. I chuckled lightly at him as he tugged me inside to the warmth by my arm.

"Would you like tea? Coffee? Hot chocolate? Horlicks? Ooh I have some new Russian energy drinks from Peej for Christmas!"
"Uh no thanks Chris, uh Dan told me that you had something here that I needed to pick up?"
"What? Did he say what it was?"
"Uh no."

He suddenly smiled at me and crossed his arms. Did he know something that I didn't?

"So he's finally going to do this then. About time too Howell."
"What?"
"Oh nothing. I think he means this.."

He left the room for a second before coming back with a shiny green envelope. He handed it to me and I stared at it, slightly baffled and confused.

"Howell gave me that years ago, he said that he'd send you round here to 'pick up something' and I'd have to give you it then."
"What is it?"
"I don't know, it's not my place to open it so I never did. That's for you to find out mate."
"Well, thanks I guess."
"Anytime."
"Well I need to go now. I'll text you later."

I headed to the door, letting myself out as usual.

"Bye Phil! Good luck!"

I closed the door and headed back into the street, leaning on a lamp post as I eagerly tore the envelope open. Why would Dan give Chris this just to give to me years later? Why couldn't he just give this to me himself?