Chapter 4

Well I'm on my way to Atlanta. As I said I'm afraid I won't find her. I got lots of sleep last night and should be all rested up for the drive. As I start going down the road I feel that I will never see Nikki again I also feel that I will never see home again, but somehow I know that I will make it back, and I will make it back with Nikki.
.................
Finally I made it to Denny's and your never gonna believe what I found. I think I found where she was staying. Maybe? I found all of her stuff I knew they were hers because I recognized her style, she was different she was geeky and she loves neon Colors. I decided to stay there that night at the old abandoned party building. I must have stayed there for hours, I couldn't tell cause the batteries in my watch died that's when I heard something I looked around the corner to see what? I saw Marisa she had made it there before me. That's when I looked over to see Nikki hiding from her just as much as I was. She was pressed against the wall I don't think she saw me that's when she accidentally made a small noise I didn't notice it very much but Marisa did " who's there!" She shouted she almost found me but that's when Nikki took off running then it happened Marisa pulled out her gun and pointed it towards her. That's when my instincts kicked in I came out of hiding, jumped on her back and took the gun from Marisa with my free hand.
I think Nikki was relieved to see me, but I couldn't be sure. If I were her I know I would be relieved to see me.
She ran over to me and gave me a hug and thanked me for saving her life. The first words she said to me after all summer and they were "thank you". I was happy that she was talking to me again but would it last I wonder? Did she just want to be polite and say thank you or did she feel bad for not talking to me.
          I begged and pleaded for her to come home then finally she said she would. That's when everything on her mind changed as she saw Marisa head for the car she stole our car and the only way to travel now was by foot. It would be months before we made it home so we better start going now.
                      ....................
        As we started going back we saw Nikki's grandfather going by. We ran as fast as we could to catch up with him finally he saw us and knew that I had found her and saved her. On the way home we all talked for hours until we had to stop and sleep I have no idea how I stayed awake for 2 days on the road before but I did.  That's when I heard someone knock on the door and you probably know who it was because as soon as it happened Nikki jumped out the window and told us to follow her she said she would drive the rest of the way cause obviously they could not stop for one second before Marisa had showed up. I should have followed her when she told me too but when Marisa showed up I went in to panic mode. I couldn't move as much as I tried to finally that's when I had a panic attack I couldn't breathe that's when I passed out. I woke up in the back of the truck. I had no idea  where I was I could not remember anything that had happened but when I woke up Nikki explained everything and that's when everything in my mind came back I remembered everything. but for some reason I was more scared than I was before knowing what she did to Nikki and I when. Also when I woke up we were back in Florida we weren't quite to Orlando yet we still had a long way to go. I was happy we were almost home but at the same time I wasn't because Marisa might follow us to my house cause we both know she knows where Nikki lives I asked her if she wanted to go see her parents before we went to my house she said no she thought we would run into Marisa before we got in the house. she said she would call her parents though to tell them that she is ok she told them why she couldn't come home and that was because some psychopath named Marisa was hunting her down so she could kill her and she wasn't about to let that happen. that night I let her use my bathroom to shower and I gave her some clothes to sleep in so she wouldn't have to sleep in blue  jeans cause I know that's not comfortable from experience.

the next day when I woke up Nikki was already awake and eating breakfast and that's when I learned a few things. the first thing I said was "what did you do" I was referring to why was Marisa so mad at her that she wants to kill you but I did not get an answer until later that day when she knew no one was around because for some reason she didn't want anyone else to know what she did it had to be bad I thought but I just wasn't sure of anything that day.