Friendly Neighborhood Hunters

*Derek's POV*

I pulled the knife that was lodged in the door out. Stiles shuddered beside me. My wolf howled for revenge, but no one else was in sight. I'd brought Stiles closer to me and held him against my hip. He took the knife from me and examined it.

"Who do you think did this? Argents?" Stiles looked at me.

"No." I sneered. I know exactly who did this. "Argents don't use knives. This is something else."

"Something?" Stiles repeats.

"Someone." I grit my teeth. "She might as well be a thing." I hiss.

Stiles rubs the back of his neck, "Kate?"

"No." I say truthfully, this bitch is much worse. "Don't worry, I can handle her." It's true, I could go and handle her myself, but I'd probably be killed in the process. Then, of course,
she'd attack the pack. Then she'd find Stiles.

I'm pretty sure he heard my heart stop. My face froze into this grim look of shock. If she found Stiles, she wouldn't treat him any differently than if he were a wolf. He's part of the pack, he'd get the same treatment. Stiles calls my name but I can't hear anything other than the hot blood coursing through his veins. His brown eyes plead with my obvious glowing red ones.

I felt my blood coursing hotter and hotter through my veins. The thought of someone like Harper getting her hands on Stiles and my pack darkens my mind and makes my fangs flash out.
The thought of her family in town for the first time in years makes me territorial.

Harper Spades and her younger brother Dakota, are tolerable at best when they aren't hunting. But god, when they are, they're inhumanly ruthless. In fact, they aren't so much as hunters as they are assassins to anything supernatural.

"Derek, for love of God, answer me." Stiles slapped my head.

My heart slowed and my pulse calmed as he took my face between his hands and kissed me fiercely.

Wait a minute. I was supposed to be kissing him and taking his breath away, not the other way around. I grabbed the back of his neck and leaned into this kiss. Stiles' lips parted slowly and leaned against the side of the house, I was eager to slip my tongue past his perfect lips when a cough interrupted us.

Standing in the doorway, Erica and Isaac look more uncomfortable than anything and almost look like they expect to be excused. Stiles slumps noisily and gets his breathing back to normal.

"H-hey guys," Stiles stutters, "why don't you two go see if the others are up?" He pushes them away with a glare.

"That was close." I kiss his neck and he leans into it, "I almost took you against the house."

"Tell you what, Sourwolf-

I cut him off with a growl at the mention of that awful nickname.

"-if you keep this act up between kissing me and teasing me, I'll let you get your first taste tonight. In fact, if you behave, I might even let you be on top." He said coyly and slapped my cheeks softly.

My wolf howled.

====================

I  soooooo God damn sorry this little chapter took so long!!! I promise a good meaty ( ;) ) next chapter. I swear on my life!

Also, what do you guys think of Harper and Kota? I thought it might be nice to introduce the characters I am seriously writing about in my real book. Please welcome them with open hearts and I swear I won't disappoint you guys.

Comment what you want to happen in the next chapter by the way! I love your input, it means a world and a half to me to see what you guys want to happen.

Comments are candy, feed me!!!!!