Chapter Two: Unexpected Actions

Camilla

The first weekend when school starts has some of the best parties. So good in fact, I took off the whole weekend. Friday night, the girls and I went to one of the Frat houses and I invited Gavin to come after he got out of work. I know he is new in town so I figured he could use some company. However, that ended with us tangled in his sheets and when I woke up in the morning I was able to sneak out before he even woke. He texted me in the day and I explained to him that I don't do morning after's and thankfully he said that it was okay. It seems that we will be able to keep the whole co-worker thing intact which is all I want.

"Cam!" Someone shouts my name over the loud music. Since tonight is Saturday and the last night for partying this weekend, the girls and I decided to make sure to hit as many parties as we can. At the moment, we are at one of the sorority houses. It's the fourth we have been to this night. My red dress clings to my curves and my hair is styled in beachy waves.

When I turn around I am faced with El rushing over to me. She wraps her arm around my shoulders, laughing at something that I am clueless too. I can smell the alcohol on her and can tell she is super drunk but I can't blame her because so am I.

"Katie came up to me saying that Marcus from the football team peed his pants! Can you believe that?" She is shouting right in my ear and I try to brush her off a little in hopes that I can save my hearing.

The music is pumping through the walls and the lights are all different colors. El walks off to who knows where. I look around the crowded space and try to find a guy to occupy myself for the night. I find Jake Adams over by the kitchen counter. The two of us hooked up in high school which did not go over quite well with El but she got over it quickly and since then Jake and I hooked up twice. However, it was in the second semester of freshman year at college when he put a stop to it. He was in his sophmore year at college and claimed that it was weird since I was best friends with his sister but El claimed there was another reason. Neither have ever confessed to the real reason which still annoys me. I don't like him but he's always been good in bed so I don't mind hooking up with him every now and then.

"Jake!" I call out his name and I can tell he is plastered when his eyes meet mine. He lazily smiles at me and pulls me into a one armed hug. When we break apart I take the bottle of vodka and start drinking right from it. I can feel the effects of all the alcohol I've drunken tonight taking over my body. My movements are getting sloppy and Jake is somehow flirting back with me. His hands roam over my body and I smile when his fingers try tracing below my skirt. I have a nagging feeling that we shouldn't be doing this and I don't why. I know El doesn't really care about it. She was over it and kept pestering us to be a couple but stopped once she realized it would never happen.

I never thought I'd be back to fooling around with him since he put a stop to it two years ago but tonight it seems like the two of us don't care. I wrap my arms around his neck and he leans down to press his lips against mine. It starts off as slow kisses but as time goes on it turns into full on making out. We are broken apart when the sound of shattering glass makes us jump. I turn around to see what happened but in my drunken state I cannot decipher fully of what is going on.

Everything is moving back and forth but it looks like Travis is standing in the doorway glaring at the two of us. Is that blood trickling down his hand? Oh God, I can't handle blood. This isn't going to be good. Just at the sight of it I can feel myself getting dizzier, and this time it is not because of the alcohol.

"Shit, Travis, I'm sorry. I'm fucking plastered I didn't realize what I was doing. I'm sorry, man," Jake begins apologizing profusely. Why is he apologizing? And why is no one noticing the blood on his hand. I didn't notice Jake's immediate retreat of his hands from my body until I started feeling myself begin to fall to the floor.