Ch4:The Marksman

Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot.

-BY ORDER OF THE AUTHOR

---------------------------------------------------------*********************************  

FROST POV

"Target! Twelve O'clock, above the model platform, single IPSC target, white." Ace covered over the radio.

Her gasp was calm and neutral as she clearly identified the mark through her Leupold Mark 4 Spotting Scope.

Our target, Mr. Art Bersafire, a man too fat and boisterous and a self-centered, greedy and corrupt businessman who was allegedly behind the hidden underworld Drug Smuggling and Prostitutions. 

However he was found not guilty in front of the law.

Few known Business and Political figures were allegedly involved in his trajectory illegal trades. Through his overflowing wealth and power, Bersafire manipulated the line of law.

This didn't  fit well with the National Security Council. After few sessions of meetings, the Commander-in-Chief had ordered for Bersafire's assassination.

Team Anbu, a two-man sniper team in Delta Force unit was the dispatched for this mission.

I currently act as its Marksman while Ace Miyazaki served as my spotter. 

Ace was the ultimate spotter any shooter could wish for. She had the talent and skills and I could definitely depend on her for our survival in terms of Rank S missions. 

At age 17, I served as the youngest sniper in U.S military history, with over 25 kills officially confirmed by the Department of Defense.

I had been serving the military for five years since Robert Garp, a U.S Army recruiter convinced me to try for the Delta Force since he found me. I had been selected to be a part of the SEAL Team Six after I passed the Selection Process.

"For the first time, we have a nation for a continent, and a continent for a nation." Bersafire was currently making his speech as he announced his senatorial candidacy before the thousand crowds.

Despite his controversies, this dude had a lot of guts.

Bastard.

"Roger. Twelve O'clock, above the model platform, single IPSC target, white. Target identified." I responded.

At distances beyond 2400 yards, I situated myself on a prone position on a twenty fifth story building. I ensured my elbows were situated with bone on the ground as the effects of blood traveling through my veins and arteries can affect the steadiness of my .338 Lupua Magnum. This pose could also help the smoothness with which I squeeze the trigger.

"Target zero point four five mils high." I said as I ranged using a reticle.

"Angle zero."

"Roger. Zero point four five mils high. Angle Zero." Ace replied as she did the calculations. "Range twenty three hundred and seventy seven meters. Dial twenty two mils plus one click."

"Roger. Twenty two point one mils -- indexed!" I gasped. 

I was able to find my natural respiratory pause so I could breathe without affecting the accuracy of my shot. I remained a calm, steady heart rate.

"Wind, from three o'clock, six miles per hour." Ace reported the direction of the wind. "Dial winds right, two point three mils."

I set the windage turret. I  composedly attuned with my body ready to secure the kill.