Charmed

6/11/22 Edited.

❝This is the last item on the last.❞ Last one and you'll be free. No longer glued to this... weirdo's side who was insistent in holding your hand like a child. ❝You can let go of my hand, Dipper.❞ Highly offended and his fingers were clearly clammy as fuck, your hands were just dying to be given a chance to breathe.

❝Chicken stock, huh. What kind of chicken stock?❞ Taking the closest and decently look chicken stock, you sped past Dipper. ❝I got it. Let's go.❞ You took the basket of ingredients that you needed to get, sitting inside patiently, and head over to the check out area.

You weren't sure how he was behaving, but Dipper thought you were eager to spend time with him. His heart pounded with excitement, his breath quickened the thought of the two of you being alone together. Paying the groceries, you took them in haste, hoping that the male wouldn't run after you to desperately cling to you.

Unfortunately, your pleas remained unheard as Dipper caught up to you at your temporary stay. Your lips turned to a thin strained smile as you stayed silent, you were so fucking close to closing the door on him.

Ugh, would Wendy care if you closed the door on her friend? 

Wendy ditched you though, wouldn't it be fair that you treated her friend like an ass? Couldn't you tell her that he was being creepy? No, she would berate you for not giving him a chance. Then she would go on and on... ugh, you weren't really interested in being friends with her... weird strange friend.

The only one you could barely tolerate was probably Mabel, her outgoing self wasn't something you could get hyped up. She could basically be hyped up on anything that would deem to be exciting in her opinion. 

❝C'mon. I said I would show you around town.❞ 

Averting his hot stares that seemed to want to burn a hole through your door, you awkwardly stared elsewhere. ❝Um... I'm not feeling well.❞ You lied as best as you could, not really keen on spending time with a stranger. Even though he may have been one of Wendy's best friends— He wasn't your best friend.

He was a stranger who was trying to approach you in someone elses' territory. 

❝Maybe next time.❞ 

You left it at that, giving him a nervous smile, and closed the door. He didn't seem to take no for answer and somehow made it his best to make you feel guilty. ❝Ah... I see. I was really hoping to spend time with you, [Name]. I wanted to get to know you.❞ Gods' sake, he took you there to the point where he thought he had your weakness.

You had to pull through.

❝...Maybe next time. I'm really not feeling well, Dipper.❞ 

Dipper seemed crestfallen that you had once more rejected him to be the tour guide around Gravity Falls, but he had to know that he was honestly pushing it as one of 'Wendy's best friends' and after all— He was a stranger to you still, regardless of who knew who.

❝Oh... Alright... Maybe next time then.❞ His shoulders dropped down to show his disappointment as he left your door, causing you to sigh in relief. 

❝Who was at the door?❞ You were startled and closed the door in a hurry to hide as though you weren't doing something suspicious. ❝One of Wendy's friends.❞ The obvious discomfort was clear in your body language, one of your other cousins— Marcus leaned against the top of the stair railings. 

❝I know all of Wendy's friends, but he didn't seem familiar to me.❞ You scratched your cheek with an uneasy smile, ❝Dipper Pines?❞ A look of realization washed over the red head who had an 'ohhh' moment. ❝Oh, him. Is he bothering you?❞ The playful tone indicated that there might have been something more, but he was just teasing you to be honest.