Chapter 4

I stared at the closed door wishing there was a manual for this sort of thing.

Then, I remembered I had something in my hand. I opened my fist and immediate stinging pain rushed through my arm. A bloody chain fell from it onto the ground next to the door. It sounded like a coin when it hit the cement and I quickly rushed to grab it. Reaching down, I could see what it was. The intitials shimmered on the gold circle pendant of the necklace.

E.S.

I froze midreach.

My mother's necklace?

A heard a crude laugh from behind the door and I scooped it up again in my bloody hand. The figure had pressed it so hard on my palm that I had been cut. Was it trying to tell me something?

I shivered. The necklace had been with my backpack back at my apartment. My locked apartment. It was something I normally always wore around my neck but I had left it in my backpack because I hadn't wanted Blake to see it when I pretended to be someone else to kill him.

I knew I had to take the risk.

I put the pendant into my bra so that Blake wouldn't see it and then I took a deep breath. Knocking on the door, I felt adrenaline rushing into my veins. Blake answered it with suprise on his face.

"You're that girl...from the club." He opened the door for me to get into the room.

"Yeah, I just woke up. What's going on? I remember following you and then everything went black....?" I sat in a chair in the middle of the room. Chace was next to Victor and another man on the coach. He pretended not to know me.

Blake stared at me,"You were following me?"

"You just seemed really drunk and sad so I thought I'd make sure you got home okay." He eyed me suspiciously.

"Plus you're really hot." I giggled, looking up at him under my eyelashes.

Wow, he had changed.

However, could still feel my heart racing as I looked at him. He still looked the same. It was like he was back to being the old Blake. I wanted him to hold me again in his arms.

He stood there for a moment, eyeing me up to see if he could trust me. Finally he said,"Oh. Well...I'm....I guess I should say I have alot of people who don't like me. We thought you were one of them. Sorry for the scare."

I glanced down at the floor. I sighed, "It's okay."

"It seems this guy was just a bartender following you because he wanted to watch out for you too."  Blake's laugh was empty.

"Let them go." Blake ordered Victor, his voice like ice.

As I walked out to leave he pulled me in close, his breath hot against my cheek. "Don't think I won't kill you if you tell anyone about tonight. Do you understand me?" His hand dug into my shoulder.

"You're hurting me..." I tried to mask my shaking voice.

He released my shoulder and turned away. Chace and I walked out of the room just before the door slammed behind us.  When we were sure the coast was clear, he pulled something out and gave it to me. "It's your purse." He said with a little half smile. "It's the least I can do."

"Thanks." I said.

He walked closer to me as we left the warehouse. "You love him." his voice was soft.

"What?!" I whipped around to face him. "I do not."

"I could see it on your face." he peeked over at me.

"I...I" I huffed.

How could he think that I loved him? It was Blake! The guy who killed them. The guy I had trusted!

"It's none of your business."

"He didn't seem to know you."

I looked at Chace. "You'll never see me again after tonight, you know."

Chace was confused. "Why not?"

"If I talk I'll be killed. I need to lay low."

He didn't say anything.

"I need to go." I ran into an alley. I glanced behind me. "...and don't follow me."

Blake's eyes shone with hurt and my heart nearly broke.

Note to self: never get connected to others.

My heart seemed to disagree.

"Bye." I whispered to him.

And then I disappeared into the alley.