Chapter 1

Of the many things I thought and planned for my life, this wasn't one of them. My whole body aches. I'm pretty sure my right arm is broken. I've been siting, or laying I'm not sure, in a pitch black room for, what feels like years. Every night, or what I think is night, I hear people talking and laughing.
How could this have happened?

1 Year Earlier

"Come on, Belle! We're going to be late!" yelled my best friend Harvey.

"Slow down," I say chuckling, "The party doesn't start for another half an hour. Why are you so anxious?"

"Hey, if you want to be late to your own party, be my guest," he said smirking and skateboarding back to where I was.

Today is my seventeenth birthday and Harvey decided to throw me a huge party, even though he knows I don't like to be in the center of attention. It's his attempt of "helping" me grow into a "wild party girl" like his other friends.

"See? The house is just a block away," I said five minutes later.

"Race ya!" Harvey said taking off.

"Oh no you don't!" I chuckled, running after him.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

"I don't know about this Harvey," I said looking in the mirror, "This seems like a little much, and do I really have to go down there?"

"C'mon, Belle! Live a little," he said.

Harvey is laying on my bed upside down and reading a book while I put on the clothes he put out for me. I know what you guys are thinking. Why would I change in front of a guy? Well, he's actually non binary and is, by most people's standards, a girl.

"This is way more revealing than what I normally wear," I said nervously.

"I know, it's perfect for the party." Harvey stated.

The dress was a deep navy blue, with a low cut top that had a deep neck line, showing more than what I wanted of my boobs. The bottom of the dress was right under my ass and it was strapless so I couldn't wear my bra. He had me wear stilettos that matched.

"You're going to kill me, Harvey," I groaned.

"Relax, you look great!" Harvey smirked wide, giving an approving nod of his head.

I smiled self-consciously, looking in the mirror. Well, I guess I don't look too bad, I thought.

"C'mon over," he said, standing by my makeup area, " Time to doll you up."