How we Met

It started with my ex boyfriend, Tristian. We dated for two years, I was in love. He was my first date, my first kiss, and my first time. He was an average high school boy, as flawed as me. But he wasn't Colton Ray.
The first time I met Colton, I was in detention. He sat across from me, he was handsome, dark hair, tan skin, impeccably clear too. He wore a beanie and looked down at his phone, and then looked up at me and smiled at me. I took out a pack of gum to keep myself from staring when a deep voice startled me, "Can I have a piece?", he asked. I nodded my head and gave it to him and we stayed silent the rest of the hour. The dismissal bell rang and I left the classroom, he followed me out to the parking lot and walked close behind me, "What are you doing after this?"
"I'm going home, to bake cookies with my mom," I said.
He smiled at my response, "I like cookies"
"Most people do."
I looked at him better in the light, he was as handsome as he was in the dimly lit classroom, he was older than me, I could tell. His jaw was sharp and his eyes were light blue- "Can I give my number?" He asked, breaking my thoughts. My boyfriend Tristian and I had been arguing recently and were on a break, so I said yes and handed him my phone and he put the number in. We spoke briefly and he told me he was 18 in two months, we said our goodbyes and I watched as he got in his jeep and drove off, I headed home too. I drove home excited, I pulled out my phone to text him when I realized he never saved his number.