One

He was walking down the path leisurely with his backpack on, headphones in and phone in his pocket. At the crossroads that's when she passed him, the girl from the party. She had her black hair slicked back into a neat bun wearing a black skirt, white shirt, a black blazer and a pair of black heels with a bow placed in the centre. He stopped her with a smile and head up.
"Jane? Right?" She looked him in the eyes terrified, he could see this, "Michael, from Emily's party Saturday night."
"Right, Isaac's friend?" she slowly lifted her pink stained lips into a light smile, he nodded. "Look I really gotta run I have work but here, it's my number."
"Thank you, goodbye Jane." He replied baffled as she quickly took off towards the library ahead of her.
Both Jane and Michael were in there final year of school, with exams soon starting the stress was high within all 15/16 year olds of schools. Jane was a misunderstood A* grade student with a tricky home life and secrets only she knew. Whereas Michael was a outgoing B grade student who goes to party's almost every week to escape his family we many friends and one singular secret. Little did the two of them know they were going though similar stuff.
Michael quickly strolled home to be greeted to his dad screaming at Ella his 10 year old sister. He ran into the living room and stood in front of Ella scared of what his father might do.
"Michael get out of here. Now!" His father screamed at him. Michael stiffened in fear but he had to protect his sister and did not move. "I said now, Michael!"
"Ella go upstairs now." Michael said gently to his sister getting her out of the room. Just as she got out of the room his father pushed Michael to the wall. He rose his hand into a fist and quickly moved it to Michaels face into the nose. His nose started bleeding.
"Get out of my sight boy." His father screamed at Michael wiping the blood of his fist. Michael ran upstairs and packed a few things he would need, he put his bag on his back. Holding his nose with a tissue he went to Ella's room.
"Ella pack a few clothes and some stuff you need I'll get you in a moment just need to get some money." She nodded at him to scared to say anything as he went out the room to his parents room seeing his mum asleep on the bed he shook of the fear and grabbed both his mums purse and dads wallet. He went back to Ella grabbing he hand and bag and running down stairs and walked out the house with his sister.
"Michael whats going on?" She asked trembling.
"We need to go, it's not safe at home anymore." She looked at him as they walked down the path. Michael took out his phone unsure on who to phone. He looked at the piece of paper with it, sighed. He knew he had a lot of friends who could help but none of them would. He typed in the number and rang it, a girl picked up,
"Hello?" She said quietly.
"Jane? It's Michael I know we just met but I need help." He said holding back tears, little did he know she could hear it in his voice.
"Where are you? Who are you with? Can you get to the library? Then I can help once I get out." Michael sighed and turned into a nearby Costa and went to queue with Ella.
"I'm in Costa, with Ella my sister. I can do, can you really help out?" He said now in tears and Ella lightly squeezed his hand.
"Yes I can. Just come to my work ASAP. Text me when you get here. Okay I have to go my boss is giving my looks. Bye." She hung up, he wiped his eyes looking at the menu.
"Ella, I might have sorted something out now choose what you want." He said to his sister she shook her head indicating she didn't want anything as the both shuffled to the till, "I'll have a medium white coffee, take away please."
The women smiled. "Of course, that will be £2.68 please" he handed over the money and moved forward to the waiting area. Once he received his drink he took his sisters hand in one hand and the drink in the other walking to the Library across the street. He entered in silence and sat with his sister in the children's book area and pulled out his phone and texted Jane:
I'm here in the kids bit - Michael

He sat with Ella in his lap as Jane walked over to him and sat beside him. She smiled at him, before quickly frowning at the site of his nose. She took out a makeup wipe from her bag and started cleaning his nose. Michael felt a weird feeling from this and lightly smiled at her.
"What happened?" She asked lightly, worried.
"My dad, listen I know this is forward but do can we stay at yours? For a week or two whilst I get a job to pay for a hotel." He said quickly in fear that his dad might come looking for him. He looked down at his sister who had fallen asleep.
"Yes you can. I have a big house with a spare three bedrooms. Let's go I can see you both need food." She picked up her bag and grabbed Ella's bag so that Michael could carry her better. "I live about a hour train ride towards fleet away so we should get going."
Michael nodded in gratitude picking up his sister and cradled he like a baby. Jane and Michael walked talking about what had happened on the way to the train station once they arrived they saw the train would be another ten minutes. "Jane sit," she sat down and he placed Ella next to her, "keep an eye on her I'll go get the tickets." He pulled out his dads wallet and walked towards the ticket machine and bought two adult and one child tickets to Fleet. He put the money in and took them sitting back with the girls he picked Ella up and grabbed his bag and gave Jane her ticket and got her to follow her to the platform. The stood in silence and waited.
Once the train arrived they got on and found two seats and sat in them with Michael still cradling Ella. A tear leaves his eye and Jane wipes into away. He smiled.