The GIrl With Blue Hair

Once upon a time, there was a girl who was alone. But sometimes there’s a line that shouldn’t be crossed, and words that shouldn’t be said. And here is the story.

She met a guy, but over the internet; over social media. They lived in the same time zone, but 600 miles away from each other. The flirting between them was almost an instinct. They became too close, too fast. He was religious, tall, blue-eyed, and strong. He wanted to grow up and be a psychologist. She wasn’t from a broken home, but the environment around her wasn’t stable. She self-harmed, but not ever to the point where it was suicidal.

Well one night it was.

The way she had found him was through an account she was following on a social networking site. She wasn’t normal when it came to dating guys; it seemed that she couldn’t stop herself from making bad decisions. Turns out, he started dating a girl. A girl with blue hair. Unfortunately, she had to find this out on her own. When she confronted him, he didn’t care. She was getting attached too quick, which always happened, and she made a bigger deal out of it than she should have. She decided she couldn’t take it anymore and she slit her wrists. She told the boy, but stretched the truth. What she had told him was that she did slit her wrists, but also that she was bleeding out in a bathtub.

It was the first mistake she made with the boy.

Like it was said, he wanted to be a psychologist. He ended up saving her life. The words he said to her made her feel something, that kind of something that she was longing for.

She liked him, and thankfully, he liked her back.

But there was the girl with blue hair.

They talked, and they both made it very obvious that they were crushing on one another. Within days of the suicide attempt, he had broken up with the girl with blue hair. This made the girl feel amazed. She thought he had done it for her.

She might’ve thought wrong.

Well, since they lived 600 miles away from one another, it was agreed no commitments would be made.  He was the first to say I love you, but not in that way. A best friend love is what he had said.

“When you talk to older couples who have been in love for thirty or forty or fifty years, it's always the guy who says 'I knew,'" he says. "I knew, right from the beginning.”

They talked nonstop for 3 weeks. One night, the girl’s ex-girlfriend was harassing her. The boy knew it wasn’t the first time. There was a joke between the kids about how if she was in trouble with a guy or an ex; she could always just fall back on him for her boyfriend. He had told her to say that she was taken by him, but she refused.

Then he said he had something to ask her, something important, he had to ask it now. He had called her for a video chat session, but it was late, and she wouldn’t be able to talk. He wouldn’t stop and she couldn’t verbally talk to him.

So he did it over text.

He asked to be her boyfriend.

Being ignorant, she didn’t give him an answer. Not yet, anyway. She wanted to say no, because she liked having a boyfriend, but she loved the freedom of no commitment. He was hurting, and she said yes. She had wanted to be with him, she really did. But she knew it was wrong. She wanted to say no.

The next day, she felt as if she had made the right decision. He was so sweet, and she was so happy. The innocence “I love you” wasn’t so innocence anymore. It was meant. It was meant will all the lust they had for each other. It turned into a sexual relationship more than anything; sending pictures and videos of…each other, mostly the boy though.

                It was love. Neither of the kids had felt anything like this before. They really wanted to be with each other more than anything. They’d video call and talk about their days. He was still really good friends with the girl with blue hair, she’d gone blonde. But she was in her life before the girl was, so she just didn’t complain.

                He promised that he’d meet her one day. One day, they’d have the whole day to spend with one another.

The hardest thing about falling in love is falling out of it.

They both started school, and she didn’t tell him she wasn’t she was talking to another guy. She wasn’t flirting with the other boy, but she was starting to like him. The boy was her boyfriend; she had to tell him about this new guy.

                So she did.

                It was one of the biggest mistakes she’s ever made.

                No one would’ve taken the news well; she didn’t know what she had expected.

                The girl hung out with her newly founded crush on a Sunday, and more happened than she had ever hoped. She didn’t know what to tell the boy who lived almost 600 miles away. She didn’t even know if they were together or not.

                That’s when she started lying. They just came left and right and she was drowning in them, she could help it, but she didn’t stop.

                This was the last mistake she made with boy.

                She ended up telling him somewhere that she was with the new boy, and she wasn’t lying.

                She wanted him to fight for her; she wanted him to just stay and say I love you.

                She had crossed the line that shouldn’t have been crossed, and yelled the words that shouldn’t have been said.

                They’re not together, anymore, the boy and the girl.

                The girl had a doctor’s appointment and they found her scars from the night she lost him.

She’s sorry for everything she ever did to the boy.

Too bad it’s too late.

He’s back with the girl with the blue hair.